Les

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Final.

Da Burg is improving.

I can not wait to hear the details on this game. Heard Williamsburg was ahead at the end of the first 15-11 and the game was tied at the half 29-29. Nothing more after that as I drove out of radio range it appears.

Sportsfan will fill us in with the details. Wonder what the foul count was in this one? Radio guy mentioned a 3 point goal by South in the first half that hit the guidewire then fell through and was counted? If this is true, the final score would have been the other way around. I am not sure about what happened but I recall the comment that the wire was still shaking as Coach Robinson pleaded with the officals to not count the basket..

I'm not sure, I just caught bits and pieces of the game. I'm also not sure how the foul count went either. I'm also sure if the three-pointer wouldn't have counted South and Wburg both played the final minutes.

Coach Robinson is turning this program around and in my opinion will be the best coach da Burg has had.

Shows how quickly things can be turned around in the high school game of basketball. I recall a couple of seasons ago when South beat Williamsburg in the district by around 30 points and Coach Wright was upset that a reporter asked him why the margin of victory was not more. He stepped on some toes by mentioning it did his team no good to beat Williamsburg by 50 points, instead of giving the Burg any credit for playing better than they did in the regular season matchups. The old saying is true...every dog has their day in the sunshine and the Burg maybe turning the corner and seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm not sure, I just caught bits and pieces of the game. I'm also not sure how the foul count went either. I'm also sure if the three-pointer wouldn't have counted South and Wburg both played the final minutes.

Coach Robinson is turning this program around and in my opinion will be the best coach da Burg has had.

I agree, If he tops Coach Alan Leforce, ETSU top ten ranking and upset of Arizona in the NCAA, then he will no doubt be the best in history.

South led by as much as 12 points in fourth quarter and the Jackets rallied back.

Williamsburg had a chance to win or tie with eight seconds left, but turned the ball over.

Even when things haven't went well, Robinson has done well with his players and now he has them believing.

The Jackets have had two good games in a row. Only trailed Corbin by five at halftime and was tied with South and they are at home for the district. If they can keep improving, they'll be tough.

Shows how quickly things can be turned around in the high school game of basketball. I recall a couple of seasons ago when South beat Williamsburg in the district by around 30 points and Coach Wright was upset that a reporter asked him why the margin of victory was not more. He stepped on some toes by mentioning it did his team no good to beat Williamsburg by 50 points, instead of giving the Burg any credit for playing better than they did in the regular season matchups. The old saying is true...every dog has their day in the sunshine and the Burg maybe turning the corner and seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Rich Prewitt got Williamsburg to the regional two straight years in a brutal 50th District in the 1980s and was regional runner-up in 1987.

Rich Prewitt got Williamsburg to the regional two straight years in a brutal 50th District in the 1980s and was regional runner-up in 1987.

Rich is not from Harlan HDE, his wife is...lol

But Prewitt may have had the most talented teams ever at WHS with the Cornett boys back in the day.

Looks like W'burg caught South at the perfect time, South had a really tough game vs Whitley on Friday and a long road game on Sat., then come back for a game on Monday, seems like South overlooked them alittle, bet they won't next go around. Great job by the Jackets to almost pull off a huge upset.