November 13 Playoffs

November 20 Regional Finals

November 27 Semi-Finals

December 4 State Championship @ Bowling Green

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has posted on here yet, so I will start. I think this is an excellent schedule for our 1A school. Play up and play local. This makes for exciting games and for nice gate revenues. I think this will pan out to be as tough a schedule as most will play in the area.

I agree! But I look for the Rams to be at least 8-2. I look forward to them matching their record last season. Ashland and LCA are the only two games I worry about.

I agree, Ashland is going to be very strong next year, they will have to get some experience on the line, but their backfield will be very tough. LCA should be the favorite in 1A next year, it will be a tall order for the Rams to beat them. Russell is always strong and dangerous. Fleming County is normally a dangerous team, I honestly do not know what they return, but I would say they will be dangerous.

I look for tough battles with Boyd County, Greenup County, and Fairview. These teams are alway scrappy and dangerous to over look.

I am looking forward to the Frankfort Scrimmage. That should be a good maturation experience for the Rams.

As always the Ashland, Russell, and Greenup County are the games that I look forward to, they will all have large crowds, playoff atmosphere, and some good old, hard hitting football.

I agree! But I look for the Rams to be at least 8-2. I look forward to them matching their record last season. Ashland and LCA are the only two games I worry about.

I'd worry about Boyd County, they return some pretty good sophomores and juniors from a 7-5 district winner.

Absolutely! The 2009 seniors will be invited to eat at our house on Thursday nights. The 2008 seniors presented Cathy and I with new cornhole boxes decorated in orange, black and white with "R" on both. This was their favorite activity in our backyard during their visits. It truly is a great time for all. I miss this years group terribly.

Thanks for posting the schedule doc, I now have it copied and filed .:thumb: Raceland will again be a good team, maybe better than some may think after last season. The 2008 Rams set the bar higher and this team has new goals to try and reach. Of course the goal is always being one of only two Class A teams remaining and playing in the Pizza Box on the last day of the season.

As for the schedule, I like playing the tough schedule. L.C.A. will be a force, they will be loaded and arguably #1 in the state. Fairview imo will be very good, a well coached team and will be a factor in the district. Paris always has athletes and could be dangerous as well. Ashland is back an imo will be loaded...and after the Rams have taken three in a row at Purnam the Tomcats will be ready, you can bet that;). Russell is Russell and are very good every year. I believe that GCHS will be improved as well, there seems to be a very optimistic feeling there and that is good to see from them again. I don't know what Boyd is expecting but they are a big school and will be as tough out for the Rams.

The schedule is loaded to say the least and that is what we want. Good luck to all teams (except when you play Raceland:sssh:) and may all teams remain injury free in 2009.

BTW, is it August yet?( can't you tell that people in Raceland really do not care about or like to talk about football at all ?:sssh::lol:)

Another season , some very good returning players, some new players coming in.... It is always football season in Raceland.:jump:

Thanks for posting the schedule doc, I now have it copied and filed .:thumb: Raceland will again be a good team, maybe better than some may think after last season. The 2008 Rams set the bar higher and this team has new goals to try and reach. Of course the goal is always being one of only two Class A teams remaining and playing in the Pizza Box on the last day of the season.

As for the schedule, I like playing the tough schedule. L.C.A. will be a force, they will be loaded and arguably #1 in the state. Fairview imo will be very good, a well coached team and will be a factor in the district. Paris always has athletes and could be dangerous as well. Ashland is back an imo will be loaded...and after the Rams have taken three in a row at Purnam the Tomcats will be ready, you can bet that;). Russell is Russell and are very good every year. I believe that GCHS will be improved as well, there seems to be a very optimistic feeling there and that is good to see from them again. I don't know what Boyd is expecting but they are a big school and will be as tough out for the Rams. The schedule is loaded to s

ay the least and that is what we want. Good luck to all teams (except when you play Raceland:sssh:) and may all teams remain injury free in 2009.

BTW, is it August yet?( can't you tell that people in Raceland really do not care about or like to talk about football at all ?:sssh::lol:)

Another season , some very good returning players, some new players coming in.... It is always football season in Raceland.:jump:

God, I hope your right O.R.

Thank you but I make too many typos for that, I just ask a mod to remove the top "title" line on that post, I hit the wrong keys and didn't notice it untill it was too late. Another OR brain fart.:irked::lol:

Besides, doesn't everyone know that BGP is a better souce than others for information? :D

Exactly, I bet no one else is reporting Adam Dunn to the Nationals yet.LOL. You really can find out things on here long before you see them in the press.

As for the schedule, I like playing the tough schedule. L.C.A. will be a force, they will be loaded and arguably #1 in the state. Fairview imo will be very good, a well coached team and will be a factor in the district. Paris always has athletes and could be dangerous as well. Ashland is back an imo will be loaded...and after the Rams have taken three in a row at Purnam the Tomcats will be ready, you can bet that;). Russell is Russell and are very good every year. I believe that GCHS will be improved as well, there seems to be a very optimistic feeling there and that is good to see from them again. I don't know what Boyd is expecting but they are a big school and will be as tough out for the Rams.

The schedule is loaded to say the least and that is what we want. Good luck to all teams (except when you play Raceland:sssh:) and may all teams remain injury free in 2009.

Thanks, OR, it is good to be talking Ram football again. The winter conditioning program is off and running. The F.A.S.T. program will be scheduled in March and the Spring practice is tentatively ready to roll (after Basketball). I am excited to see the weight meets at Coal Grove and here at Raceland. The boys are working hard to go to the State weight lifting meet, too.