Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best No. 3 receiver

Best No. 3 WR? 31 members have voted

  1. 1. Best No. 3 WR?

    • Nate Washington
      12%
      4
    • Other
      87%
      27

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Welker. If he's even considered a #3 behind Moss and Gafney. If he is I'd consider him on of the top 5 most well rounded receivers in the league. He's fast, great hands, he blocks, he's tough, and he gets yards after the catch.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize he is considered #2.

2008 stats for the 4 main WR's mentioned in this thread...

 

Rec,Yards,TDs

Henry - 19, 220, 2

Breaston - 77, 1006, 3

Gonzo - 57, 664, 3

Washington - 40, 631, 3

2008 stats for the 4 main WR's mentioned in this thread...

 

Rec,Yards,TDs

Henry - 19, 220, 2

Breaston - 77, 1006, 3

Gonzo - 57, 664, 3

Washington - 40, 631, 3

 

not too hard to figure out, is it?

not too hard to figure out, is it?

 

Depends how you define "best" receiver. In terms of talent, Henry is probably the choice out of those guys. In terms of consistency, probably Anthony Gonzalez since he has proven to be a viable #3 for a couple of years. Breaston is really only posting those better numbers because of the passing system he plays in and due to the amount of attention needed to contain Boldin and Fitzgerald. Breaston really has only had one good season so far, at least as a WR. I'm still not sure on the argument for N. Washington as the best??

  • Author
Depends how you define "best" receiver. In terms of talent, Henry is probably the choice out of those guys. In terms of consistency, probably Anthony Gonzalez since he has proven to be a viable #3 for a couple of years. Breaston is really only posting those better numbers because of the passing system he plays in and due to the amount of attention needed to contain Boldin and Fitzgerald. Breaston really has only had one good season so far, at least as a WR. I'm still not sure on the argument for N. Washington as the best??

 

I was being a bit homerish with this thread, if you'll notice when I started it. But in all seriousness, Washington has the best YPC of the aforementioned receivers, and seems to always come up big on third down. Breaston's numbers are quite good, but he didn't do all that while being the No. 3 guy. Boldin has missed several games this year. Plus, if Washington played in the Arizona offense, I think he would pile up bigger numbers.

I was being a bit homerish with this thread, if you'll notice when I started it. But in all seriousness, Washington has the best YPC of the aforementioned receivers, and seems to always come up big on third down. Breaston's numbers are quite good, but he didn't do all that while being the No. 3 guy. Boldin has missed several games this year. Plus, if Washington played in the Arizona offense, I think he would pile up bigger numbers.

 

True, but so would any of the other receivers mentioned as well.

I think if Indy moves Gonzo into Marvin's spot their offense will be better. I like the look of Gonzo,Wayne, Clark and go get one.

  • Author
True, but so would any of the other receivers mentioned as well.

 

Gonzales would have better numbers with Warner than Manning? Wow.

 

How is Breaston going to do better with Warner than he does with Warner?

 

We won't get into the ridiculosity that is Chris Henry.

I think what makes Washington's numbers impressive is they aren't that far off of Gonzo's and he plays in a system that just doesn't throw the ball that much.

Washington is a good young reciever that is dropping alot less balls. I hope Pittsburgh will be able to resign him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.