Philadelphia 23 New York Giants 11

Pretty sure that's what you were thinking.

At any rate:

Both teams were #6 seeds. And yes, the Steelers did beat three division winners to get there. Once you're there, anything can happen.

The Steelers had to win their last 3 or 4 games to just get in the playoffs.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NY GIANTS....POSERS. Crazy the irony of the Giants this year compared to the Cowboys last year.

Dallas finished this year with the better team while the Giants haven't been very good this past month +. What did they lose 4 of their last 5 including the game at Dallas?

Eli once again showed that he isn't as good as they paint him to be.

Who in the heck over rates Eli? He had a decent year with 20TD's and only 10 INTS, especially considering he lost his #1 TE and #1 WR from last year (Shockey and Burress, mid season).

The Giants choked in the playoffs this year, much like the Cowboys last year. But this years team was a lot different than the one that made a playoff run last year.

They lost Gibril Wilson, Kawika Mitchell, Reggie Torbor, Plaxico Burress, Osi Umenyiora and Michael Strahan.

The fact that they went 12-4 is pretty amazing considering all they lost. I expect them to be back in contention next year.

The Giants flat out fell apart over this past month and a half. They had to have one of the worst records in the NFL the last 5 or so games. Started strong, Plax showed his thug colors, Jacobs slowed down and they had to try to win games with Eli. There were teams taht didn't make the playoffs that were better than them at the end of the season. They were fortunate they got off to a great start becasue they were not very good down the stretch.

The Giants flat out fell apart over this past month and a half. They had to have one of the worst records in the NFL the last 5 or so games. Started strong, Plax showed his thug colors, Jacobs slowed down and they had to try to win games with Eli. There were teams taht didn't make the playoffs that were better than them at the end of the season. They were fortunate they got off to a great start becasue they were not very good down the stretch.

I think you fail to remember that the Giants clinched the division and a bye early. When it counted (against Carolina) they won.

I don't think they fell apart at all, they just ran into a team that was better than them at the time (Philly). Philly is playing great right now, and the Giants were not playing up to their capabilities.

That was the one win that they had over that span. I said it was a good thing they played so well early on. Remember the Dallas Cowboys had just beaten them right before that. Dallas and New England were both better teams at the end of the year but neither made the playoffs.

Dallas? Dallas? Are you kidding?

The Giants didn't have Jacobs against Dallas, and it was a must win for Dallas.

Are we talking about the same Dallas that lost 44-6 to Philly!? !? Seriously? Come on.

You seriously need to take the blinders off. OK NY didn't have Jacobs and Dallas didn't have Barber. They also didn't have him when they went too Pitt's and had the game won but couldn't run the ball to run the clock out.

You can paint it any way you want but tell me what the Giants record was the last 5 games they played and who won the Dallas NY game over that time span? Face it they were really good until it counted which was at the end of the season. We can all play the score game you are tyring to play... you are right the Giants won that (clutch) game at Carolina.... did you happen to see the Arizona Cardinals WAX the Panthers at home this weekend? Come on man that is too easy!:lol:

A Cowboys fan telling a Giants fan that the Cowboys were better, yet the Giants fan is the only one with blinders on? :lol:

You can paint it any way you want, but the Cowboys lost their final two games when it mattered the most. All they had to do was win, and they were in...and they got beat by Baltimore and Philly in consecutive weeks. Actually, they didn't get beat by Philly, they got demolished.

And again, I'll say the Giants final game shouldn't count, since their starters sat out the 2nd half.

There for they were something like 1-2 in their final 3 games...

Regardless, it doesn't matter. Neither are going to be the champs this year.

Dallas was 4-3 the last 7 games of the season. Those three losses....Pitt's, Balt and Philly!

NY was 1-4 their last 5 games of the season their only win.... OT at Carolina who just got destoryed at home agaisnt a team that was playing without their best player!

Over that span Dallas beat NY STRAIGHT UP but you want to act like it is unimaginable that Dallas could have been a better team than NY at the end of the season. I wouldn't expect any less of you though. The funny thing is you want to point to injuries but act like it only happens to the Giants. Dallas played the last month and a half without M. Barber and F. Jones their top two backs. You think NY would have beaten Balt, Pitt's or Philly with B. Jacobs and D. Ward out? SERIOUSLY doubt it!!!

I agree both teams choked down the stretch. They were both overblown this year. Dallas should have been better and underachieved. NY isn't as good as they were painted but overachieved a lot IMO. They started getting exposed down the stretch when Eli was asked to win games.

The Giants were 12-4. Dallas was what, 9-7?

They weren't close record wise.

And since we're talking about injuries...the Giants were without their best defensive player all year long.

Dallas had a better record last year does that make them the better team then?

I also said Dallas was the better team at the end of the season not all year long. They were playing better ball and won head to head. The only 3 losses they had the last 7 games was agaisnt teams that are still playing. You act like NY is untouchable and there is no way Dallas was better at the end of the year yet they won head to head. It's funny!:lol:

Guess you aren't doubting McNabb anymore either:sssh:

You seem to love to keep bringing up the Philly score so let me remind you the amazing Giants got beat by THE BROWNS!!!!!:lol::lol: I think it's a given that a perfect storm happens sometimes in the NFL right?

You also said the NY game was a "must win for Dallas" I guess in your eyes Romo has won a big game!:sssh: