Tim Tebow - "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?"

PennStation's

My guess would be John Brantley.

A much better passer than Tim Tebow. Has good running ability, but is not a Tim Tebow.

It really doesn't matter a lot who it is because of all the young weapons he has around him. Florida will be at or near the top for quite a while with the talent they have stockpiled.

Uh, not really. Tebow has a better arm and for the most part is more accurate than Brantley. It's not my opinion its FACT. Brantley is young, and is a pocket passer, but Tebow is a pretty nice passer. I think he struggles to read coverage a bit and has a slow delivery, but I've watched every game the Gators have played this season, and I've watched both players play. Brantley would start, but he isn't the answer for them. Because of their defense they would still have a good season, but no Tebow (which would probably mean no Harvin) means no title for UF next year. If Tebow couldn't win a title last year, no way could John Brantley ever win one, IMO. I know you guys will say UF was too young last year, but he is that much better than Brantley.

I also think that Brantley's inability to run would hinder Demps and Rainey or who ever they try to run with. That really let them excel in that Read option style offense, because defenses had to stop Tebow 1st.

That said, the only way Tebow leaves is if he's a 1st rounder, he's most likely not going to be projected that high, so he'll be back. UF's got to be the heavy favorite for the title next season. I really don't see a clear number two, so i'll take USC even though they lose 9 defensive starters.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion the 2010 Heisman trophy and the 2010 National Championship is Tebow's to lose. The only way Tebow will not win the Heisman is if he gets hurt in the early season and can't finish the rest of it. I mean he pretty much proved that he should've won it this year. He put the Gators on his shoulders and carried them to the National Championship this year. Something that "Mr Heisman" Sam Bradford obviously couldn't do, but instead he cried like a little baby in front of the whole world...

Uh, not really. Tebow has a better arm and for the most part is more accurate than Brantley. It's not my opinion its FACT. Brantley is young, and is a pocket passer, but Tebow is a pretty nice passer. I think he struggles to read coverage a bit and has a slow delivery, but I've watched every game the Gators have played this season, and I've watched both players play. Brantley would start, but he isn't the answer for them. Because of their defense they would still have a good season, but no Tebow (which would probably mean no Harvin) means no title for UF next year. If Tebow couldn't win a title last year, no way could John Brantley ever win one, IMO. I know you guys will say UF was too young last year, but he is that much better than Brantley.

I also think that Brantley's inability to run would hinder Demps and Rainey or who ever they try to run with. That really let them excel in that Read option style offense, because defenses had to stop Tebow 1st.

That said, the only way Tebow leaves is if he's a 1st rounder, he's most likely not going to be projected that high, so he'll be back. UF's got to be the heavy favorite for the title next season. I really don't see a clear number two, so i'll take USC even though they lose 9 defensive starters.

Obviously we are voicing each of our opinions.

I have only seen John Brantley in his spot playing with Florida a couple of games this season. I have seen a lot of tape on him from high school and have friends who follow Gator football very closely. I do not agree with your comparison with of John Brantley and Tim Tebow.

Obviously, Tim Tebow is one of the most unique quarterbacks ever to play at the college level. Tremendous will-to-win and leadership.

John Brantley is a better pure passer and is an adequate runner. I am told he is faster than Tim Tebow by my Florida people, but obviously does not have the effectiveness as a runner as Tebow.

Since Tim Tebow is coming back next season, barring injury, we are not going to resolve our difference of opinion until the following season.