Hood And Pittman #1 In Their Class

Hood is good, and will be a good player for KY after he puts on some weight, but the best player I've seen this year is Josh Sewell from Trinity. He has to be up there with Pittman for Mr. Basketball next year.

Sewell is a good individual player, but he's too much of a one man show for me.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Billy G needs to sign Pittman up!!!!!

Lets do that so all 20 players on UK's team in the future are nothing but Kentucky players. You cant "sign" everyone up, you have to have that mixture of a few Kentucky boys with high prized recruits. I told a friend the other day BCG scares me with all the Kentucky boys he already has coming in.

Lets do that so all 20 players on UK's team in the future are nothing but Kentucky players. You cant "sign" everyone up, you have to have that mixture of a few Kentucky boys with high prized recruits. I told a friend the other day BCG scares me with all the Kentucky boys he already has coming in.[/QUOTE]

As long as they can play, there's nothing wrong with that at all. The Bluegrass State has produced some very good basketball players over the last few years, but here lately it's been better than I can remember and hopefully that trend continues.

You've seen him more than I have but in the games I've seen, he's either shooting a 3 or scoring from inside. I've yet to see him consistently put the ball on the floor and then score on a pull up Js. Hopson and Miller could do that.

Pittman hasn't needed to put the ball on the floor. That's why you haven't seen it much this year. He proved last year in the state tournament he's able to take someone off the dribble and pull up for a jumper. He actually handles the ball very well at 6'7.

My brother played against Pittman last year and was very complimentary of him. They play again a week from tonight and I'm VERY interested to see how he handles it lol. He has told me multiple times how incredible Pittman is, and has vowed not to let him dunk on him. [i've told him that just isn't going to happen lol].

I'm not one to get very excited over high school players to be honest. I can be kind of critical, because I always see so much room for growth and areas to improve upon, and don't get me wrong, Pittman has plenty he can improve on. But he WOWED me when I saw him this year. I'm very impressed and this kid is something special. I really hope he can get his score on the ACT or whatever it is that people are concerned with up, because he is truly a high D1 talent and deserves to be there. It is a treat to watch the kid play ball.

Lets do that so all 20 players on UK's team in the future are nothing but Kentucky players. You cant "sign" everyone up, you have to have that mixture of a few Kentucky boys with high prized recruits. I told a friend the other day BCG scares me with all the Kentucky boys he already has coming in.[/QUOTE]

As long as they can play, there's nothing wrong with that at all. The Bluegrass State has produced some very good basketball players over the last few years, but here lately it's been better than I can remember and hopefully that trend continues.

I agree it has been better than usual, but you cant just recruit every kid from Kentucky to come play for you. Say you have 4 scholarships or 5 you still need 2-3 out of state bigger recruits to come in to much with the 2 you might get from Kentucky. As long as he keeps that balanced I'll be fine

I agree it has been better than usual, but you cant just recruit every kid from Kentucky to come play for you. Say you have 4 scholarships or 5 you still need 2-3 out of state bigger recruits to come in to much with the 2 you might get from Kentucky. As long as he keeps that balanced I'll be fine

Huh? If the talent is there, it doesn't matter where it comes from...

Without a doubt Pittman is the Best Player in the 9th region in all aspects of his game. His outside, and inside game continues to improve.

But i have heard that Pittman is going to be attending a Prep School next year to bring his academics up is this he truth?

Without a doubt Pittman is the Best Player in the 9th region in all aspects of his game. His outside, and inside game continues to improve.

But i have heard that Pittman is going to be attending a Prep School next year to bring his academics up is this he truth?

Not true. Pittman will be at Holmes next year.

I agree it has been better than usual, but you cant just recruit every kid from Kentucky to come play for you. Say you have 4 scholarships or 5 you still need 2-3 out of state bigger recruits to come in to much with the 2 you might get from Kentucky. As long as he keeps that balanced I'll be fine[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure what you mean.