Wayne County 58 McCreary Central 54

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No those are facts ... how many region titles has McCreary won during the past five years? How about 10 years? How about 15 years or maybe let's go back 20 years?

Many were picking them to win the 12th Region last season and Southwestern came through with a win, while posting a 4-21 record at the time in the first round of district play. My focus would be trying to reach the region tournament first. There's no doubt McCreary has talent, but so do a lot of other teams.

Does Lincoln play Wayne again during the regular season? I can't find my schedule....:confused: I know that we beat them quite handily in the game in December, and we were not even playing our best basketball then...but then they probably weren't either, right?

If Lincoln continues to improve, and the coach will start letting his very talented bench play, then they will be right there in the regional finals.

Their team isn't any younger than Wayne's.

I don't think it's just being younger, but being more inexperienced. Only two players that play for the Raiders had any varsity experience last season, and that's Watts and Roark.

The other three starters and the entire bench is brand new to the varsity scene.

I also think you have to look at the coaching. I support Jones, but Woods is the best 12th region coach and in-game strategist.

No those are facts ... how many region titles has McCreary won during the past five years? How about 10 years? How about 15 years or maybe let's go back 20 years?

Many were picking them to win the 12th Region last season and Southwestern came through with a win, while posting a 4-21 record at the time in the first round of district play. My focus would be trying to reach the region tournament first. There's no doubt McCreary has talent, but so do a lot of other teams.

Perhaps you can mention the past three or four years as being possible years for McCreary to be known as a contender for a region championship, but before that is just not necessary.

Since 05/06 season (past four seasons), the Raiders are 69-29, but with only one region appearance.

The seven seasons prior, the Raiders were 69-117.

I'll be the first to admit that the Raiders have underperformed the past two seasons and should have been right there with a title. However, I don't think you can say the same about this team. If they lose, and they may, I think it comes down to experience. I'm not calling this Raiders team a top team in this region just yet. When they grow and can keep composure, then they have an argument.

I don't think it's just being younger, but being more inexperienced. Only two players that play for the Raiders had any varsity experience last season, and that's Watts and Roark.

The other three starters and the entire bench is brand new to the varsity scene.

I also think you have to look at the coaching. I support Jones, but Woods is the best 12th region coach and in-game strategist.

:thumb:That's why I expect Wayne's youngsters to improve just as much or more than McCreary's the rest of the season.

I would expect that most coaches would have come out of zone prior to the fourth quarter if the opponent was hitting three pointers, or at least mixed up the defenses to shake the opponent.

You can't blame that on youth that is just coaching or lack there of in this case. McCreary has had some VERY good records over the past few years, but very little post season success, once again that goes to coaching especially last year when they had a veteran team. It makes the casual fan wonder if maybe the reason they had the nice records was due to improved talant?

McCreary's season will not hinge on this one game, so they still can have the nice record and make it to the region. Heck they don't even have to win the distirct, Lafayette when they won the state in '79 did not even win their district but won the region and sweet 16.

Who all was there I was. What was your all honest opion on the refereeing? One thing thats stands out to me was a shot at the buzzered that was clearly no good that they call good.

The shot at the buzzer was very close (I think it was the right call) but it was not clear for sure either way. Sometime you get the close calls and sometime you don't.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

Wayne co is a very young team start 4 sophomores 1 senior. The only 2 that have a lot of varsity experience they are sophomores another sophomore saw varsity action toward the end of the year for due to injuries. Now he's playing point guard a position he's never played before. The starting senior has seen limited action, and the starting 2 guard had seen very limited action.

In the first few games what got to Wayne the most was the trap that was a big problem at mercer and Lincoln they didn't handle it well at all. Since then they have started figuring out how to stay calm and are handling it much better.

Does Lincoln play Wayne again during the regular season? I can't find my schedule....:confused: I know that we beat them quite handily in the game in December, and we were not even playing our best basketball then...but then they probably weren't either, right?

If Lincoln continues to improve, and the coach will start letting his very talented bench play, then they will be right there in the regional finals.

Could you tell me who you are referring to on Lincoln's bench??

Edited by spindoc
rule #13

could you tell me who you are referring to on lincolns bench??

Matt Cooper, Zach Hill, Tre' Owens, Dwayne Whitaker......I hear from a very close source that the JV beats the varsity in practice QUITE often. Lincoln has NO rebounding from what I have seen at the games, and if the starters and the current subs aren't going to rebound, then why not put in Cooper (a junior who can rebound and shoot the three) or Hill (sophomore who can really rebound)? Owens is a great defender, and Whitaker is an excellent shooter. There are others on the bench who might make a real difference if they were given the chance. Lincoln had a 20 point lead on Tuesday night vs Danville, and the coach never let his bench in!!! Spurlin can't carry the team every night as he did on Tuesday with 36 points - and it's not fair that he has that burden on his shoulders every game.

Now, I understand that I am not the coach, so maybe there is a good reason for not playing your talented bench. Maybe it's strength, or maturity, etc.! What do I know???:D