Wayne County 58 McCreary Central 54

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is...I picked Wayne Co to win that region. :thumb:

I have yet to McCreary Central play but I am surprised that Wayne beat them. I would really be surprised if Wayne wins the region due to their lack of depth. I saw them play Mercer and the only reason why Wayne got beat was their lack of depth. They have a solid starting 5 but little else on the bench. Foul trouble and running out of gas could sorely hurt this team in a tight game.

Sorry, I hadn't got around to posting my thoughts on this game. It was a game that was back and forth, before Wayne jumped out and McCreary made a valiant effort to close the gap.

Where this game was lost? McCreary running zone for three quarters while Wayne lit it up from outside the arc. How do you continue to play zone while the Cardinals can't miss? McCreary got shafted on the three pointer at the buzzer of the 3rd by Wayne. Dunigan still had the ball in his hands at .8 before he passed it for the three. How a pass and a shot goes up in that amount of time is a mystery for me.

McCreary switched to man-to-man in the fourth and cut the lead from 11 to 3 and had a shot to tie it that was rushed by Watts. McCreary's Roark rebounded, but had the ball stripped and Wayne made a couple of shots to put the game away.

McCreary couldn't shoot the ball at all except in the fourth when Watts had a few threes. This is a wide open region.

A strange scenario?

Four years ago, McCreary was 0-2 vs. Wayne.

Three years ago, McCreary was 2-0 vs. Wayne.

Two years ago, McCreary was 0-2 vs. Wayne.

One year ago, McCreary was 2-0 vs. Wayne

This year, McCreary is 0-2 vs. Wayne.

Sorry, I hadn't got around to posting my thoughts on this game. It was a game that was back and forth, before Wayne jumped out and McCreary made a valiant effort to close the gap.

Where this game was lost? McCreary running zone for three quarters while Wayne lit it up from outside the arc. How do you continue to play zone while the Cardinals can't miss? McCreary got shafted on the three pointer at the buzzer of the 3rd by Wayne. Dunigan still had the ball in his hands at .8 before he passed it for the three. How a pass and a shot goes up in that amount of time is a mystery for me.

McCreary switched to man-to-man in the fourth and cut the lead from 11 to 3 and had a shot to tie it that was rushed by Watts. McCreary's Roark rebounded, but had the ball stripped and Wayne made a couple of shots to put the game away.

McCreary couldn't shoot the ball at all except in the fourth when Watts had a few threes. This is a wide open region.

A strange scenario?

Four years ago, McCreary was 0-2 vs. Wayne.

Three years ago, McCreary was 2-0 vs. Wayne.

Two years ago, McCreary was 0-2 vs. Wayne.

One year ago, McCreary was 2-0 vs. Wayne

This year, McCreary is 0-2 vs. Wayne.

Those are some very odd stats. For a series to be that even you wouldn't think that each year would be a sweep. For the pattern to hold true this year one of the two would have to be upset in the first round of the district.

Les you are being hard on the Raiders. They have a good core of players who are young and should be much better come district time.

I'm not being hard on the Raiders. Just stating facts and like averagejoesgym said, they're no younger than Wayne County.:thumb: