Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Lafayette 54 Covington Catholic 51

Featured Replies

Cov Cath did have a lot of turnovers, but it would be incorrect to think that the majority of these were made by the guards. I don't know the exact numbers, but Maschinot played 16 mins and only made two(one of which he was fouled on) Not sure how many Wilson had who played most of the other minutes at the point.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another key stat is that CCH was up by double digits for most of the game. Things began to fall apart mid 3d quarter. CCH withered against the press.

  • Author
Another key stat is that CCH was up by double digits for most of the game. Things began to fall apart mid 3d quarter. CCH withered against the press.

 

 

As I have posted until Shover and Pauly are back and healthy, it is, what it is...

 

Just a pet peeve of mine, so please don't anyone take my comment the wrong way but.....:D

 

Please use CovCath when you post about CovCath. There are far too many CCH's in Kentucky to say CCH did this or CCH did that. There is one and only one, CovCath......:thumb:

As I have posted until Shover and Pauly are back and healthy, it is, what it is...

 

Just a pet peeve of mine, so please don't anyone take my comment the wrong way but.....:D

 

Please use CovCath when you post about CovCath. There are far too many CCH's in Kentucky to say CCH did this or CCH did that. There is one and only one, CovCath......:thumb:

 

Yeah I completely agree I pull my hair out:scared: when people say HC and there is Holy Cross and Henderson Co. and HHS when there is Holmes and Highlands. There is only one Holy Cross, Henderson Co., Highlands, and Holmes.:thumb::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah I completely agree I pull my hair out:scared: when people say HC and there is Holy Cross and Henderson Co. and HHS when there is Holmes and Highlands. There is only one Holy Cross, Henderson Co., Highlands, and Holmes.:thumb::rolleyes::rolleyes:

 

You forgot:

 

HC- Henry Clay, Hancock Co, Harlan Co, Hart Co., and Hickman Co.

 

:lol:;)

Can I hear another reason why CCH didnt win?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

  • Author
Can I hear another reason why CCH didnt win?

 

 

They scored fewer points than the other team did! :D

They scored fewer points than the other team did! :D

 

:thumb::lol:

I was not at the game, but Thelen with 10 boards is very impressive. I still think him, Wellbrock and Isler in together is a strong lineup. Now it would have been nice to see Wellbrock and Thelen get more than 4 pts each though I dont know if thats due to no one throwing it in, or just missed opportunities. Either way, this one is behind them..Highlands and Beechwood this week, so hopefully they get healthy and bring it.

  • Author
I was not at the game, but Thelen with 10 boards is very impressive. I still think him, Wellbrock and Isler in together is a strong lineup. Now it would have been nice to see Wellbrock and Thelen get more than 4 pts each though I dont know if thats due to no one throwing it in, or just missed opportunities. Either way, this one is behind them..Highlands and Beechwood this week, so hopefully they get healthy and bring it.

 

Listen to the game via CovCath Internet Radio archives, then you tell me! I can tell you my opinion, but it would be better for you to listen for yourself.

No offense taken, CovCath it is

 

Wellbrock hustled his butt off last night. Best effort by him all season..... unfortunately way too few of his shots (layups, jumpers, & FT's) went in. Thelen played well but just didn't get the ball down low. He spent too much time at the top of the key.

 

On a positive note, impressive win by CovCath JV. They remain undefeated. Readinger stepped up, took some hard fouls, and knocked down some threes. Not positive but they were pretty close to perfect at the charity stripe.

No offense taken, CovCath it is

 

Wellbrock hustled his butt off last night. Best effort by him all season..... unfortunately way too few of his shots (layups, jumpers, & FT's) went in. Thelen played well but just didn't get the ball down low. He spent too much time at the top of the key.

 

On a positive note, impressive win by CovCath JV. They remain undefeated. Readinger stepped up, took some hard fouls, and knocked down some threes. Not positive but they were pretty close to perfect at the charity stripe.

 

JV win was very impressive. I think they shot over 50% from the floor, and were 16 for 18 from the line! I do not remember how many threes were made, but I think they were about 6 or 7 out of 10 maybe. The final score was 57 - 40 but it really wasn't even that close.

Listen to the game via CovCath Internet Radio archives, then you tell me! I can tell you my opinion, but it would be better for you to listen for yourself.

 

lol oh geez, just tell me your opinion. I mean based on every other game I've seen I'd say it would be that the ball didn't get fed inside too much. But I don't know?

 

The other thing is, Wellbrock usually posts up pretty well, but Thelen spends a lot of time kind of roaming, and his post up is soft..he doesn't put much butt into it or strength, so getting the ball down low may be more difficult in that situation, otherwise I'd say itd be more the guards not feeding it.

Nice win for the Generals!

 

You are correct. In all these posts, everyone has lost sight of the great effort of the Generals. They can take a great deal of pride in the fact that they never gave up. The young man (num 12?) who launched that three right at the end had confidence in himself and his team.

 

Great job Generals.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.