Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Guru, can you pull any strings in Floyd County?

Featured Replies

I got pulled over last night coming home from the Skynyrd concert. I was going 72 in a 55. 17 miles per hour over the limit. Please tell me you know a way to save me from having to get up at 7 AM and driving 1 1/2 hours to Floyd County in a few weeks? :D :lol:

  • Author
Doubt that is going to happen. :lol:

 

Oh me to but worth a shot..:lol:

I sure do Scar, pay the fine via mail and be done with it.

  • Author
I sure do Scar, pay the fine via mail and be done with it.

 

So I do not have to go to court if I pay the fine via mail?

So I do not have to go to court if I pay the fine via mail?

 

Nope, or you can elect to go to traffic school if you haven't been in the past year. And it will allow you to choose your location for school to something near you:thumb:

So I do not have to go to court if I pay the fine via mail?

 

As long as the citation is marked payable.

 

There should also be instructions about traffic school. You may be able to rent a DVD for traffic school so you need to look at all of your options.

  • Author
Nope, or you can elect to go to traffic school if you haven't been in the past year. And it will allow you to choose your location for school to something near you:thumb:

 

I have been to traffic school but that was maybe 3 years ago I guess.

  • Author
As long as the citation is marked payable.

 

There should also be instructions about traffic school. You may be able to rent a DVD for traffic school so you need to look at all of your options.

 

Well nevermind because I see that the checkmark is in the "court" box. So now all I can do is call the clerk and maybe he will just let me off the hook of going to Floyd County but still pay the fine or do I just Go to court, pay the fines, go to the school AGAIN and have a grand ole time?

I would call them first and be extra nice.

As long as the citation is marked payable.

 

There should also be instructions about traffic school. You may be able to rent a DVD for traffic school so you need to look at all of your options.

 

Man, I would have loved to rent that DVD instead of enjoyed the meeting a couple years ago. But, I really can't complain...I am glad I didn't have it on my insurence.

I have a suggestion...

 

 

don't speed :D.

That's weird they are making you go to court over just speeding. Did you have any other violations in this stop? I've had quite a few speeding tickets and I've never had them mark the "court" box

  • Author
That's weird they are making you go to court over just speeding. Did you have any other violations in this stop? I've had quite a few speeding tickets and I've never had them mark the "court" box

 

Failure to produce insurance card.

 

I've got insurance on the car but I did not have the card at the time. Would that, coupled with "Speeding 17 MPH over the limit", warrant a court appearance?

 

BTW, Getting up at 7 AM is not my main reason for not wanting to drive to Floyd Co. The main reason is I have to miss a days work.

Of course, how else are you going to prove proof of insurance.

 

I would still call, they may let you fax proof and then let you pay out on the fine. Never know unless you ask.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.