Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Carter vs. East Carter (01/03)

West Carter vs. East Carter 30 members have voted

  1. 1. West Carter vs. East Carter

    • West Carter
      43%
      13
    • East Carter
      56%
      17

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16thbballfan, you have a point there. I would say out of the top 6 or 7 teams in the region WC has played by far the easiest schedule. I think they did this to pick up momentum for the end of the season, but it could come back to haunt them in the end. As for East's problems I don't think they have found an answer for the graduation of Drew Johnson, but give B.Baker some time, you know the Raiders will round into shape.

I look at this game with two main points of emphasis. Post play is number 1. West plays 4 guards, East has some major size. Could get ugly on the boards or if Webb/Logan/Oney get matched up with Barnhill on the block. The 2nd point is guard play. Both teams like to play tough agressive defense. I don't know who will win, but I think the winner takes this one by 10 going away. Good luck to both teams.

 

I think you hit it West has good guards. East has big advantage inside. If East guards handles West pressure East will win by double digits. If not West will win. imo

If West's guards are hitting their 3's they win

West 68

East 63

A battle as usual? Haha, this is kind of funny. I think like three years ago the Ashland Daily gave an update on the current record between East and West Boys Basketball and it was something like 115-40, in East's favor. I'm not saying that this game won't be close, but it's not going to be "as usual".

 

:dancingpa

By the way, does anyone have the correct tally?

 

Don't know, for the most part since the mid-90's I think it has been a battle. Usually good games, alot of years the 2 games are split with each team winning one of the games.

Through the 2007-08 season. West and East had played 109 times with East winning 76 and losing 33. West won 10 or more of those 33 games over a 4 year period in the mid 1990's.

Through the 2007-08 season. West and East had played 109 times with East winning 76 and losing 33. West won 10 or more of those 33 games over a 4 year period in the mid 1990's.

 

 

Thank you. As I stated earlier, unless East dominates the game like they have the overall record, then it will not be "as usual".

 

:banana:

Thank you. As I stated earlier, unless East dominates the game like they have the overall record, then it will not be "as usual".

 

:banana:

 

No matter who wins, it is usually a good game. Don't know how many you've been to, but they are USUALLY close.

The other one is locked so we will try this out? So what does everyone one think?

 

West- 58

East- 46

 

Advantage West due to homecourt.

 

Disagree, East will come out fired up to try to shut the rival West fans up IMO. I'll take East 62-41. I see the whole team getting in.:flame:

No matter who wins, it is usually a good game. Don't know how many you've been to, but they are USUALLY close.

 

Judging by the overall record and knowing that the games are "usually" close, I will take East in this one. Due to West's inability to finish out games in the past, as stated by CatsCatsCats.

 

:rolleyes:

 

East-61

West-54

Too close to call. Could be a classic battle to the end. I think East will hit its stride soon though and start playing better.

  • Author

Even though this is a rival game, the big question is which team is going to show up for East? The preseason #2 or the what's happened to them team. Not so sure is East player's or coaches have found their identity in style yet.

Is the record different come tourney time between East and West? Just curious, I once read a statement from an EC coach something like "I wouldn't trade one game for the overall record" Then he watched WC play in the regional tourney.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.