Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Shanahan Fired

Featured Replies

I am not suprised. They haven't done much the last 5 seasons.

 

24-24 last 3 years in a very weak conference. He's also the decision maker on personnel so he can't blame the GM.

 

Elway made this guy and he hasn't proven otherwise.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all of those who are so surprised:

 

Have you paid attention to the NFL the past few years?

 

The Broncos are 24-24 their past 3 seasons. That is mediocrity at its finest.

 

The Broncos have also blown division leads late in the year too many times in recent memory.

He has about a 3-1 average lifetime with 2 Super Bowl victories. They are in contention almost every year! I'd take him in a heartbeat in Cincy or Dallas!! Den has been plauged by no interior defense at DL or LB. Honestly Wesley Woodyard was the best they had when he played due to injuries. Champ Bailey missing a lot hurt too. Last year Cutler's diabieties hurt them before they knew what was wrong with him. With Marshall, Royal, Scheffler (when healthy) and Cutler along with a couple of you linemen like Claddy this offense should be good for a long time! They can go get interior defense in the draft (need a safety) + plug in a RB.

They are also in a division with the Chargers who arguably have the most or 2nd most talent on one team the last couple of years.

He has about a 3-1 average lifetime with 2 Super Bowl victories. They are in contention almost every year! I'd take him in a heartbeat in Cincy or Dallas!! Den has been plauged by no interior defense at DL or LB. Honestly Wesley Woodyard was the best they had when he played due to injuries. Champ Bailey missing a lot hurt too. Last year Cutler's diabieties hurt them before they knew what was wrong with him. With Marshall, Royal, Scheffler (when healthy) and Cutler along with a couple of you linemen like Claddy this offense should be good for a long time! They can go get interior defense in the draft (need a safety) + plug in a RB.

 

You can't make excuses about personnel without blaming Shanahan.

 

How long ago did he win the Super Bowls and who was the qb? What has he done since Elway retired?

I hate this, I love the Broncos more than any other team I hold loyatly to and I loved Shanahan. This just plain sucks. Elqay has and will always be my favorite player, however, one cannot blame Shanahan now and discredit him just because he had Elway in the 90's. It doesn't work that way. I hope he lands somewhere I can root for because I really like him a lot but if he ends up in Cincy or dare I say it back to the Raiders I will have to turn away. 14 years, I love tenured coaches and I hate going through coaching changes, no one will run the ball more effectively than Shanahan's teams.

Mark Clayton said in a article that Cowher should serioulsy consider this position. They could pay him the money he wants, be able to bring in the people he wants espically since Shanahan was the GM as well and they have a nice young qb in Cutler. I could see Cowher taking this job, espically over the Jets and any other team that needs a head coach.

There is speculation that Shanahan could be interested in the Chargers job if the Bolts decide Turner isn't the guy.

One other key factor: 1 playoff win since Elway retired.

Dick Jauron is going to stay with the Bills...

 

He is staying but it sounds like Turk Schonert will be looking for a job after the owner called him out during a press conference.

In 14 seasons he has had TWO losing seasons and TWO Super Bowls. I don't know many fans that wouldn't love that stability and the titles by a great coach! LT has arguably been the best player in the league the past 7 years combined which he has to deal with. I am a huge Elway fan but Elway didn't have to go through Tom Brady and Peyton Manning every year or Pitt's/Balt's defense to get to the Super Bowl. Didn't see Elway beating the San Fran or Dallas dynasty's. I think Cutler will do good things there and is the 1st stable QB they have had since Elway.

Bengals need to go after him and do it NOW!

I think they will bring Scott Pieoli in to Den unless they land Cowher. Cowher seems to be a good fit for the Jets deal it sounds like though. I know the Broncos have an amazing offensive nucleus in place!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.