Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clark County 69 Hopkins County Central 50

Featured Replies

Final

 

1st round of the Republic Bank tournament at Lexington Catholic

 

Clark Co advances and will play Trinity tomorrow night at 9pm

Clark still playing individual ball. Good teams will exploit that and win by doing so and have. He who gets the ball first shoots. They played some Good Team ball for a short span in the 4th quarter that got them the lead to stay. Free Throws still need work! They can be a Great Team. Just need to work together and learn to trust each other.

Can you listen to these games on the net or not?

Just got in form watching some great hoops today...3 games. I am worn out...:D

 

I agree GRC looked much better in the second half. I really liked the way that Zollo and Daniels played more aggressive. Jaylan had a awesome dunk and Vinny did very well on the boards. Got some good minutes from Daniel, Bailey and Brewer off the bench.

 

I really like the little guard from Hopkins Central #3. He is little but so quick and great body control. We shut him down the second half and that was the difference in the ball game. Jones their center is a good sold player with a soft touch around the basket....very well coach team. I look for them to make some noise in their region.

 

Had the pleasure to finally meet Coach Carr form Covington Scott. Best of luck coach the rest of the season.:thumb:

Style of game was much more physical than what is allowed in 2nd region. #3 is Hughes, handles the ball very well. I think he had 16, #42 Croft had 14, and #32 Jones had 13. Jones getting in early foul trouble did not help the storm situation. I thought we played well but ran out of gas mid way thru last quarter. GRC was as good as expected. Sunrise would like to meet you, I will have the book for Central thru the tourney. Good luck to both teams tomorrow.

Style of game was much more physical than what is allowed in 2nd region. #3 is Hughes, handles the ball very well. I think he had 16, #42 Croft had 14, and #32 Jones had 13. Jones getting in early foul trouble did not help the storm situation. I thought we played well but ran out of gas mid way thru last quarter. GRC was as good as expected. Sunrise would like to meet you, I will have the book for Central thru the tourney. Good luck to both teams tomorrow.

 

 

Wish I had known that I would have stopped by to meet you. If I am there when you all play I will stop by.

 

Hopkins Central has a very nice team. Really like # 3 Hughes. I had the pleasure to sit with his parents tonight and talk to them after the game. Also sit with # 21 parents....somehow I got stuck in the Central Hopkins cheering section....:lol:

 

I too wish both team the best of luck tomorrow.

Well then my wife was in the mix of that also. Were they surrounding you after the game?

A wireless on the trip steps?

Style of game was much more physical than what is allowed in 2nd region.
I have to think that hurts the 2nd Region teams when they hit the road to other parts of the state ...

Nice win for GRC. From what I hear HCC is a big team and has some nice athletes.

In order for Clark to get better ,they're going have to make better decisions ,especially on passing and when to shoot and when to passout. I thought the difference was that in the second half when Clark played much tougher defense and forced turnovers for easy scores. I thought they did a good job holding the ball the last 3 minutes but still made bad decisions doing that. I though Zollo played tough on the defensive board, blocking shots and going after the ball. No 3 was one quick dude(for Hopkins). Clark kinda followed him from behind. A win is a win.:ylsuper:

No. 6 Clark County 69, Hopkins Central 50: The Cardinals finished strong, outscoring Hopkins Central 19-4 over the last seven minutes to win going away.

 

Clark County's sophomore brigade led the way. Corey Rogers had 20 points and seven rebounds. Robbie Stenzel had 18 points and five rebounds. Kentucky recruit Vinny Zollo had eight points, 15 rebounds and five blocked shots.

 

Cards' senior Robert Hatton added 13 points and six rebounds.

 

Hopkins Central junior guard Jevonte Hughes had 16 points. The Storm's 6-9 bookends — junior Daniel Croft and senior Chuck Jones — combined for 27 points and 17 rebounds.

 

But Hopkins Central couldn't overcome poor shooting, including 5-for-14 from the foul line.

 

http://www.kentucky.com/813/story/638747.html

 

Stats:

 

HOPKINS CENTRAL (6-3) — Hughes 16, Croft 14, Jones 13, Caldwell 3, Riley 2, Cobie 2,

 

CLARK COUNTY (6-2) — Rogers 20, Stenzel 18, Hatton 13, Zollo 8, Daniel 4, Bailey 2, Martin 2, Williams 2.

 

Hopkins Central 19 14 10 7—50

 

Clark County 22 12 16 19—69

Sunrise, what is the ticket situation? How much do they cost and is it for all day??

Sunrise, what is the ticket situation? How much do they cost and is it for all day??

 

$7.00 for all day.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.