EKY top players

CURTIS LOWE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Politics? Ah, the answer to everything in Lloyd. I know Billy is a great player, but that is not exclusive. Others are allowed to be good and that leaves the decision to the coach. I think most coaches are in that position sometimes. That's not always politics, just a gut pick.

If you feel Barr is better or just as good as Logan and have never seen him play, I dont know what to tell you. I guess we will compare stats at the end of the season and talk about the "politics" of Barr "beating out " Logan for a starting spot.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I dont know anything about the Barr kid but I have seen Billy play quite a lot and he is a VERY GOOD Catcher and overall player!Plus a GREAT KID! I just hope that Barr is comparable, if so that is really going to help our team so much, that , in my opinion will be more of a plus for us than what Billy is to Greenup BECAUSE we had not had that talent since CORY DARBY left, to have someone with that much talent behind the plate!

If you feel Barr is better or just as good as Logan and have never seen him play, I dont know what to tell you. I guess we will compare stats at the end of the season and talk about the "politics" of Barr "beating out " Logan for a starting spot.

I didn't say Barr is as good or better than Billy, the coach of the travel team did. You say politics played a role, how do you know this to be true?

Billy Logan is considered a top level catcher, is it not possible that Barr is too? If you believe what you hear regarding "politics", why is it so hard to believe what you hear about Jeremy Barr being good? If you are going to believe second hand information, you'll have to believe all of it, not just what is convenient.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited Rule #2 content

II didn't say Barr is as good or better than Billy, the coach of the travel team did. You say politics played a role, how do you know this to be true?

Billy Logan is considered a top level catcher, is it not possible that Barr is too? If you believe what you hear regarding "politics", why is it so hard to believe what you hear about Jeremy Barr being good? If you are going to believe second hand information, you'll have to believe all of it, not just what is convenient.

:rolleyes: Logan is a pre-season All American to say a kid that you havent even seen play yet is just as good is comical. I would hate to be this kid and have this much weight dropped on my shoulders before he has even put on the orange and black. Edited by STRIKE3
edited quote

I have already posted that I think Billy is the best catcher I have seen in a long time, maybe ever! I said the travel coach is the one who thought Jeremy was better or good enough to start over him. I will agree with you on one point, no one knows exactly what to expect. I will say that we are anxious to see him on the diamond. :idunno:

I think by far Chandler Shepherd is the best pitcher in the area, if not the entire state. Anyone who watched this team last year knows how good he is. His freshman year they make it to the state championship and he still doesn't get any recognition come on. If I'm not mistaken the first game in the state tournament which is a do or die game, who did they pitch it was him that says alot about this kid. Watch out for him this year, he's a solid player.

I watched this team alot last year and there was just something special about them. They had great chemistry, and alot of talent. I think by far he was one of the best at the state tournament last year, and did I mention he was only a freshman? I think he should be preseason top 10 in ky.

I watched this team alot last year and there was just something special about them. They had great chemistry, and alot of talent. I think by far he was one of the best at the state tournament last year, and did I mention he was only a freshman? I think he should be preseason top 10 in ky.

I don't know about top 10 in the state yet, but he is definitely a great pitcher and a possible top recruit. At his age, you have to see how his arm handles the next year or two. Sometimes, they are the workhorse too young and the arm goes. I hope this is not the case. I like seeing players from our area do well.

I heard this had a little politics involed against Logan.
Ok I was wrong, it had nothing to do with politics.......because it never happened. I was told tonight by a very very reliable source that Logan never even played on a team out of Louisville, and he didnt have any clue where this all came from.

:rolleyes: Logan is a pre-season All American to say a kid that you havent even seen play yet is just as good is comical. I would hate to be this kid and have this much weight dropped on my shoulders before he has even put on the orange and black.

Some parents does not have the kind of money to show case their child. They cannt afford all the camps and showcases that is out there to help there kid. I would like to wish Billy all the best this year and in his future.