EKY top players

CURTIS LOWE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashland will also have a freshman lefty throw a lot of innings. Same kid who started at QB this year. Sam Hunter, very high ceiling, especially because he throws with the wrong hand. Threw in several games last year as an 8th grader.

Is that the kid that threw some smoke in some games? Meaning 85's?

I think he was consistently in the low 80's last year as an 8th grader. 81-83 He chose not to play basketball at Ashland this year to focus on getting stronger. If he is able to add 6-10 in the next four years he will be a solid prospect. Already has a lot of poise on the mound.

I think we should add Sophomore, Mason Rister to the list. He is a switch hitting short stop, outfielder. I have seen him play and he has a former major league catcher wanting to help him with college decisions already. Raceland's chances of competing in the Region have been solidified, barring injuries.

Greetings from an "old timer" haha.

Fellas, you have let EKY slip off of BGP! I check up on you every now and then, but rarely do I find much about our side of the state! Whats going on? Less posters? Less to talk about? Hurts my baseball heart! :)

The only time you hear about EKY Baseball is durning tournament time. The sports writers and voters of different polls only think that sports is played from NKY to Lexington and Lexington to Louisvllle so it takes them time to hear about EKY.

The only time you hear about EKY Baseball is durning tournament time. The sports writers and voters of different polls only think that sports is played from NKY to Lexington and Lexington to Louisville so it takes them time to hear about EKY.
Which is why, Coaches, parents and fans must promote their program more. Contact local media to cover via newspaper, radio or TV. All can send box scores to Lexington Herald or other outlets, to get information.

Playing in tournaments and inviting teams, from Lexington and Louisville will help a program. It's a two way street and Eastern KY baseball programs, were very impressive last season.

Lawrence County and Greenup County, in State. LCHS being State runner-up and Paintsville runner-up in All "A". Have good talent, play good teams and the recognition will follow.

• 2 weeks later...