Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fun Day

Featured Replies

Yesterday we were quite busy in the kitchen. I decided we needed to bake. The kids wanted to make Santa a cake so we started with that. They helped and put LOTS of sprinkles on it lol. Then we made no bake cookies and my favorite, the green wreathes. Very messy but so yummy. Then I made Hanky Pankys for Lunch and FF made chili for dinner. Needless to say we were very full. Today we are making sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies. I was dreading the mess, but we did fine and it was so much fun.

Edited by MrsFairFan

Sounds like I need to come hang out with you guys. :D

Sounds like I need to come hang out with you guys. :D

 

Seriously!!

 

By the way, what are hanky pankys??

  • Author

^ They are very yummy...You take hamburger and sausage and cook that together, then add about 8oz of velveeta cheese. Stir all that together and put a spoon full on whole wheat cocktail bread put in the oven for about 5 min at 350 just to get the bread harder and there you have hanky pankys. Great for parties or quick fun lunches. We made about 20 but have left overs to make at a later time.

^ They are very yummy...You take hamburger and sausage and cook that together, then add about 8oz of velveeta cheese. Stir all that together and put a spoon full on whole wheat cocktail bread put in the oven for about 5 min at 350 just to get the bread harder and there you have hanky pankys. Great for parties or quick fun lunches. We made about 20 but have left overs to make at a later time.

 

Oh yum...anything with meat and cheese sounds good to me. Heck I might even add some sour cream on top of those.

  • Author
Oh yum...anything with meat and cheese sounds good to me. Heck I might even add some sour cream on top of those.

 

I never thought of that, it would go great with that.

I never thought of that, it would go great with that.

 

I am a sour cream freak!! :D

 

I am going to try and make those for X-mas Eve. Thanks!

^ They are very yummy...You take hamburger and sausage and cook that together, then add about 8oz of velveeta cheese. Stir all that together and put a spoon full on whole wheat cocktail bread put in the oven for about 5 min at 350 just to get the bread harder and there you have hanky pankys. Great for parties or quick fun lunches. We made about 20 but have left overs to make at a later time.

 

Add a little crushed red pepper to them and it gives them a little kick. :thumb:

  • Author

You are welcome, they are a hit every time. You should try the green wreaths too. they are messy but so yummy. My family makes them every year.

SANY0239.jpg

By the way, what are hanky pankys??
Only the greatest party snack of all time! :irked:

 

Stir all that together and put a spoon full on whole wheat cocktail bread
They're good on those little rye rounds too.
Add a little crushed red pepper to them and it gives them a little kick. :thumb:
I was hoping you'd weigh in on the issue! :thumb:

I had chili last night for dinner and late last night for a little snack.

 

Nothing like some chili on a cold day.

  • Author
I had chili last night for dinner and late last night for a little snack.

 

Nothing like some chili on a cold day.

 

That's the best, and that's why we did it, and the fact that there was football on lol. Love chili when its cold out. I just wish we had a fireplace to go with it.:thumb:

Only the greatest party snack of all time! :irked:

 

Well excuse me for not knowing hanky panky! :p:p:p :lol:

 

MrsFF how do you make the wreathes?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.