Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marvin Lewis v Dustin Dow

Featured Replies

Basically UKMF, you're a horrible person for supporting the local sports team, going to their games, and doing something you enjoy... How can you not understand that?:rolleyes:

 

Get off you're pedestols people. If he enjoys going to the games, what reason is there not to?

  • Replies 85
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow UKMustang, you sure are taking a beating here. :lol:

 

I look at it like this: The guy (UKMF) says he has the money, I'm sure he has a great time tailgating, and ultimately, he gets to attend one of only 15 stadiums in the country on Sunday where an NFL football game is being played. We all have so many entertainment dollars to spend and he obviously enjoys spending his in this manner. I don't. Many others don't. But it certainly doesn't make it wrong if he chooses to or because he enjoys himself. I hardly think it's UKMF's personal responsibility to make a statement to Mike Brown that he disapproves of the way he's handling the team. Brown knows it already and doesn't care.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

  • Author
HT, don't worry. GT hates the state of American politics (I have seen so in P&R), but he loves making a quick dollar off what many Americans see as pure enjoyment- sports. And, when you do find that rooting for your hometown team (even a Pro Team) makes you happy, we will be here (with you) to be criticized with you for supporting the Bengals.

 

Funny. Giving your money to Mike Brown means one thing. It's NEVER going to change while he's alive. So keep giving, and talking about how much you love tailgating and hanging out with those seated around you while the product you came to watch gets POUNDED for decades.

 

I WANT the franchise to be relevant. Been a fan all of my life including going to most games with my dad as a kid in the 80s and early 90s. I know for a fact that level of support is only going to produce more losing, and if you're all for it, I will gladly call it out.

 

Supporting UC football over the years was in the same boat until the right people were put in to place and the ball got rolling.

 

Enjoy funding the Brown family fund. And do so while Paul is in a rotisserie in his grave...

Funny. Giving your money to Mike Brown means one thing. It's NEVER going to change while he's alive. So keep giving, and talking about how much you love tailgating and hanging out with those seated around you while the product you came to watch gets POUNDED for decades.

 

I WANT the franchise to be relevant. Been a fan all of my life including going to most games with my dad as a kid in the 80s and early 90s. I know for a fact that level of support is only going to produce more losing, and if you're all for it, I will gladly call it out.

 

Supporting UC football over the years was in the same boat until the right people were put in to place and the ball got rolling.

 

Enjoy funding the Brown family fund. And do so while Paul is in a rotisserie in his grave...

 

So it was wrong to support UC football during the many years that they struggled?

Ya'll need to lighten up on people who have season tickets to the Bengals. I don't know anything about this situation, I don't care to. I'm not a Bengals fan, never was. But if UKMF or anyone else for that matter enjoys going to the games then that is their perogative and leave it alone.

 

Geez, the things people get in a tizzy about.

  • Author
So it was wrong to support UC football during the many years that they struggled?

 

Based on how the people in charge treated it, no doubt. Only difference is the town didn't care when they stunk. 10 years ago there was a serious movement in Cincinnati to ELIMINATE the football program. The move to the Big East, Varsity Village, The Linder Center and other improvements happened, and the tide changed. There weren't more than 1,000 people on board at that point. To get basketball season tickets you HAD to buy football tickets you weren't going to use.

 

I know most of that 1,000 base, and while I admire where they have been now there is no way they get there if Nippert was sold out for BAD football.

 

Fund and enjoy the problem, and it will NEVER get better. Plain and simple...

Based on how the people in charge treated it, no doubt. Only difference is the town didn't care when they stunk. 10 years ago there was a serious movement in Cincinnati to ELIMINATE the football program. The move to the Big East, Varsity Village, The Linder Center and other improvements happened, and the tide changed. There weren't more than 1,000 people on board at that point. To get basketball season tickets you HAD to buy football tickets you weren't going to use.

 

I know most of that 1,000 base, and while I admire where they have been now there is no way they get there if Nippert was sold out for BAD football.

 

Fund and enjoy the problem, and it will NEVER get better. Plain and simple...

 

So the people that get credit for helping change UC football into a winning program are the people who didn't care or didn't support the program during the rough times, and not the 1000 "true" fans who stuck with them through the hard times?

 

I don't pay for Bengals tickets because I'm not a big tailgater, prefer to watch on TV, and generally have other things to do on Sunday. But I'm fairly well off and certainly wouldn't feel the slightest bit guilty if I spent my money to see an NFL game at the closest venue around. Too many people around this area are NFL football fans - even the Bengals brand of football - so you're never going to get enough people to stop showing up to truly impact Mike Brown. At the end of the day, Mike Brown will always be who and what he is and ain't nothing nobody is going to do to change it.

  • Author
So the people that get credit for helping change UC football into a winning program are the people who didn't care or didn't support the program during the rough times, and not the 1000 "true" fans who stuck with them through the hard times?

 

I don't pay for Bengals tickets because I'm not a big tailgater, prefer to watch on TV, and generally have other things to do on Sunday. But I'm fairly well off and certainly wouldn't feel the slightest bit guilty if I spent my money to see an NFL game at the closest venue around. Too many people around this area are NFL football fans - even the Bengals brand of football - so you're never going to get enough people to stop showing up to truly impact Mike Brown. At the end of the day, Mike Brown will always be who and what he is and ain't nothing nobody is going to do to change it.

 

They didn't help change UC football. They were just there. That's the harsh reality.

 

The Bengals situation is quite different. One man runs the show, and he runs it from a business standpoint that has NOTHING to do with winning. If he paid the two of us 50K a year to scout, it would be an improvement. That's SAD.

 

If you enjoy tailgating, go for it. It doesn't require buying a ticket.

 

Plain and simple. If people fill PAUL BROWN stadium for this product we've been given since his death you'll get much of the same. They win less than the Clippers, Saints, Royals and any other pro sports disaster you can name.

 

Hear them Bengals growlin? Nope...

They didn't help change UC football. They were just there. That's the harsh reality.

 

The Bengals situation is quite different. One man runs the show, and he runs it from a business standpoint that has NOTHING to do with winning. If he paid the two of us 50K a year to scout, it would be an improvement. That's SAD.

 

If you enjoy tailgating, go for it. It doesn't require buying a ticket.

 

Plain and simple. If people fill PAUL BROWN stadium for this product we've been given since his death you'll get much of the same. They win less than the Clippers, Saints, Royals and any other pro sports disaster you can name.

 

Hear them Bengals growlin? Nope...

 

I don't drink. Probably makes tailgating a bit pointless. ;)

 

I heard something surprising on PDoc's show this week. Over the past 5 years, the Bengals have a higher winning percentage than the Reds. Obviously the Bengals' misery dates back much further and has been more consistent, but still somewhat surprising when I heard that.

 

I like football, but I love baseball. Even bad baseball (well, to a certain degree). Love going to Reds games. Love the atmosphere. Love going with my son. Like many others, I've been very frustrated and disappointed with the Reds quality of play for many years now. Are you advocating that people not support the Reds until such time as a legitimate quality product is put on the field?

 

For me, ultimately, I'd go if the Reds went 40-122 every season because if I want to see an MLB game with my son, I don't have a lot of local options. I just don't feel guilty in the sense that I am supporting continued mediocrity by doing so. At the end of the day, it's just entertainment, not the meaning of life.

  • Author
I don't drink. Probably makes tailgating a bit pointless. ;)

 

I heard something surprising on PDoc's show this week. Over the past 5 years, the Bengals have a higher winning percentage than the Reds. Obviously the Bengals' misery dates back much further and has been more consistent, but still somewhat surprising when I heard that.

 

I like football, but I love baseball. Even bad baseball (well, to a certain degree). Love going to Reds games. Love the atmosphere. Love going with my son. Like many others, I've been very frustrated and disappointed with the Reds quality of play for many years now. Are you advocating that people not support the Reds until such time as a legitimate quality product is put on the field?

 

For me, ultimately, I'd go if the Reds went 40-122 every season because if I want to see an MLB game with my son, I don't have a lot of local options. I just don't feel guilty in the sense that I am supporting continued mediocrity by doing so. At the end of the day, it's just entertainment, not the meaning of life.

 

I felt the Reds were a disaster under the previous ownership. I also grew up the child of a parent that knew nothing outside of the Machine.

 

If you want to introduce your child to the big leagues as they stand now here, go ahead. You'd be best suited to taking the youngster to a X hoops or UC football game.

 

After all. We took in those experiences with our fathers watching a winner.

 

My meaning of life is an amazing relationship with my family. Sports is a part of that, but far from everything...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.