Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Comparing Highlands in 2007 and 2008

Featured Replies

Earlier on in the season, I was asking the Highlands faithful on BGP to compare this year's and last year's squads. I was told that proper comparisons could not be made until the conclusion of the 2008 season.

 

Well, the 2008 season is now concluded, so let's hear it!

 

Some quick facts about the two squads:

 

2007 HHS: 15-0 (and not playing a Cincy team) and Class 5A state champion (winning the title game by 21 points)

2008 HHS: 14-1 (sole loss coming to Cincy Colerain in week 2) and Class 5A state champion (winning the title game by 20 points)

 

2007 HHS had a very close call in the final regular season game against Central, having to come from behind late to win

2008 HHS had a very close call in the first playoff game against Bryan Station, having to come from behind late to win

 

Neither squad was seriously tested within its district

I would take the 2007 "D" and the 2008 "O"....

I would take the 2007 "D" and the 2008 "O"....

 

Ditto. '07 D-line & linebacker play was awesome. Not that '08 wasn't good in it's own right.

  • Author

I'm wondering if the 2007 offense was actually a bit better overall, if not quite as diversified as the 2008 squad's offense. The 2007 offensive backfield combination of (a fully healthy) Conner, Hurtt and Cecil was potent indeed, and maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall the 2007 offense having as many turnovers as the 2008 offense.

I'm wondering if the 2007 offense was actually a bit better overall, if not quite as diversified as the 2008 squad's offense. The 2007 offensive backfield combination of (a fully healthy) Conner, Hurtt and Cecil was potent indeed, and maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall the 2007 offense having as many turnovers as the 2008 offense.

 

I thought the 2007 offense was to one dimensional.. I liked what 2008 did much more..JMO:thumb:

Some of us thought the 2007 team was a little better because of their defense. Those LB's were big and fast. 2008 team did more on offense but still the end result was the same.

2007 was quite a bit better, especially on defense.

Truthfully could you ask for a better outcome of the seasons? If you are going to make me choose I will take the '08 team. I liked watching what they could do on offense. I think the defensive numbers were higher this year because the offense scored so fast. Reminds me of Oklahoma this year. They have a good defense but the offense scores so fast teh defense can't get enough rest.

I liked the 2007 Defense and 2008 Offense like a few others. It was fun watching Hurtt, Simons, Stein, Ball just crush people last year on D. This year's 2008 Offense was more fun to watch because Tony G could throw the LONG BALL and run it. He wasnt as fast as Cecil but he would punish defenders. Collinsworth played more of a role offensively as well.

I was just so proud of all the 2007 "alum" that made the trek to L'ville to cheer on the 2008 version! As the 2008 "alum" shall trek to BG for the "2009" version...and so on, and so on, and so on.....

Well according to Cal Preps predictions.. It would be [2008] Highlands 28, [2007] Highlands 27

Massey Ratings matchup has 2007 Highlands 35 2008 Highlands 19.

Massey Ratings matchup has 2007 Highlands 35 2008 Highlands 19.

 

That seems close.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.