Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texas QB McCoy says he'll return for senior year

Featured Replies

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3754860

 

Texas Longhorns quarterback Colt McCoy will return for his senior season, the Austin American-Statesman reported Monday on its Web site.

 

"I'm not going anywhere," McCoy told the newspaper.

 

McCoy, who had previously said he would file paperwork to receive feedback from an NFL advisory committee about his draft prospects, is hungry for a national title after the Longhorns fell just short of a berth in the BCS Championship Game, the Statesman reported.

 

"I'm coming back because we have a solid coaching staff," McCoy said. "And I'm coming back because I feel like I can develop the young receivers we have."

Good for him and for college football.

We don't see it enough, good for him. :thumb:

 

Good for him and for college football.

 

AMEN! :thumb:

 

I actually am starting to see a trend in recent years. It's good for the game, but maybe bad for the draftee.

Good for him. I think Tebow will be back next year as well. Neither are hurting for money so it's good that they are putting their education first.

 

Quite honestly with McCoy coming back, they have to be an early favorite for the NC next year.

Its possible this move could cost him $$. I think I heard a report the other day talking about the salary cap agreement expiring in 2009 and the feeling is that 2010 will bring about a rookie salary cap. So, if you're a likely 1st rounder, you probably get more jack coming out early than waiting like McCoy is saying he will do.

Good for him. I think Tebow will be back next year as well. Neither are hurting for money so it's good that they are putting their education first.

 

Quite honestly with McCoy coming back, they have to be an early favorite for the NC next year.

 

I would love to see Tebow back, but if he wins the Heisman and FL wins the title, he can't come back. I think there will be so much pressure put on him to take the money, he will likely succumb. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see him in a Gator uni next year.

Good for him. I think Tebow will be back next year as well. Neither are hurting for money so it's good that they are putting their education first.

 

.

 

Education? Right.

 

Re-read the article and tell me where education was one of his reasons for coming back.

Education? Right.

 

Re-read the article and tell me where education was one of his reasons for coming back.

 

I did read the article. :rolleyes:

 

He obviously is coming back to win a championship and wants to help develop his younger receivers but the majority of the reasoning is to honor his commitment to the University for giving him the opportunity to start there for 4 years.

I did read the article. :rolleyes:

 

He obviously is coming back to win a championship and wants to help develop his younger receivers but the majority of the reasoning is to honor his commitment to the University for giving him the opportunity to start there for 4 years.

 

And education comes into that how?

I would love to see Tebow back, but if he wins the Heisman and FL wins the title, he can't come back. I think there will be so much pressure put on him to take the money, he will likely succumb. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see him in a Gator uni next year.

 

Tebow comes from a very stable background and a is a great individual. He seems to be a very religious young man and has his priorities straight. I don't think money will be a factor in his decision. Like I said before...he definetly isn't hurting for it. If I'm not mistaken, his parents are both pretty well off.

And education comes into that how?

 

You have to read in between the lines but obviously if education wasn't important do you honestly think he'd stay? It's not like he can just stay there and play football and not have to go to class. :rolleyes:

You have to read in between the lines but obviously if education wasn't important do you honestly think he'd stay? It's not like he can just stay there and play football and not have to go to class. :rolleyes:

 

Read between the lines? No way you can read anything he said - above, between, or below the lines - and say that education is one of the reasons he's coming back. Heck, he's already been there four years and probably is there over the summer taking classes so he probably has his degree or should have had it by now.

 

Education has ZERO to do with this. National championship/loyalty to Coach/Heisman/beating OU again/revenge against the Red Raiders - yes. Education - zero. Sounds nice and Norman Rockwell-ish but its not reality.

Who cares? Glad he is coming back. It is interesting!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.