Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL seems to have the biggest player problem of the major sports

Featured Replies

I did a quick search for a similar study on NFL players and could not find one.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting NFL stat...50 players account for 122 incidents.

Check out all of the possession of marijuana charges in the NBA...

Check out all of the possession of marijuana charges in the NBA...

 

Allen Iverson

Mookie Blaylock

Rodney Buford

Marcus Camby

Keon Clark

Joe Forte

Eddie Griffin

Ed Gray

Sam Mack

Lee Nailon

Chris Porter

Robert Parrish (I see why they nicknamed him "Chief / He was also retired at the time of his arrest)

Isaiah “JR” Rider

Cliff Robinson - Played for the "Blazers" for a reason

Damon Stoudamire - Played for the "Blazers" for a reason

Rasheed Wallace - Played for the "Blazers" for a reason

Chris Webber

Qyntel Woods

 

What a list...And that was just threw 2005. You can now throw in Melo, Brad Miller, Noah & others.

PIPE.JPG

Edited by ScarHeel

Add Melo to that list, pretty much Half of the old Denver lineup. :lol:

Check out all of the possession of marijuana charges in the NBA...

 

Thats nothing compared to the seriousness of a lot of the NFL players crimes.

Thats nothing compared to the seriousness of a lot of the NFL players crimes.

 

I agree. I'm for the legalization of marijuana and am completely dumbfounded by the crimes that the NFL players have committed.

If you multiplied the NBA rosters to the same number of NFL rosters then I don't think there is an argument. I do think it's gotten worse in the NFL thanks to the Bengals:) I think Goodell has started straightening a lot of it up though. It's going to keep getting tougher too IMO. It's easy for me to cast stones but when I step back and think about being a 21 year old from the hood that just got handed MILLIONS I don't know what I would be doing either. We don't know the background of a lot of these guys. I know they are wrong and I could care less if they ever play another down but I also think it's easy to jump the gun. (No pun intended)

If you multiplied the NBA rosters to the same number of NFL rosters then I don't think there is an argument. I do think it's gotten worse in the NFL thanks to the Bengals:) I think Goodell has started straightening a lot of it up though. It's going to keep getting tougher too IMO. It's easy for me to cast stones but when I step back and think about being a 21 year old from the hood that just got handed MILLIONS I don't know what I would be doing either. We don't know the background of a lot of these guys. I know they are wrong and I could care less if they ever play another down but I also think it's easy to jump the gun. (No pun intended)

 

:thumb:

Thats nothing compared to the seriousness of a lot of the NFL players crimes.

 

And NBA players don't commit serious crimes? Didn't a former NBA player shoot someone not to long ago? Jason Williams?

Found this quote from another website interesting...

 

The interesting question is which will happen first: will the NFL and NBA become so infected with criminality that they cease to be a mainstream taste, or will the mainstream -- which now embraces hip-hop fashion in middle-class suburbs -- continue its downward spiral and meet the leagues halfway? If the latter scenario prevails, it will be time to adapt Richard Nixon's famous utterance about Keynesian economics and concede that we're all hip hoppers now.

 

http://spectator.org/archives/2007/03/30/felon-ball/1

Richard Collier of the Jaguars was shot a few months ago and lost his leg. Forgot to add him to the list.

Speaking of NFL problems, they have the Chargers and the Raiders playing on the NFL Network tonight...

I'm just getting tired of mouthy hotshot wide receivers.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.