Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville Advocate Messenger All Area Team

Featured Replies

12-28-2008, 02:18 AM #1
PurplePride92
All District

image.php?u=1230001579&dateline=12304472

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boyle County, KY
Posts: 471


icon1.gifDanville Advocate Messenger All Area Team

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?m...21&format=html

There is the link to the article by Hal Morris for the all area team. Quite honestly, I was pleased to see Kruz Warner and Tyler Horn make the team. I thought that Lamar Dawson definitely deserved to be on the team and I also thought that Brett Marshall deserved to be on the team. I am sure they had better stats than some players that made it, but if every area school has to be represented I guess I understand. I am 100% sure Lamar will never be left off again after this year since he has 2 more years left. I have emailed Hal Morris to let him know I didn't like those two being omitted but it is really not his fault since the coaches voted.

I am fully expecting Rees MacShara to get Area Player of the Year. It has been a joy watching him play this year.
12-28-2008, 02:18 AM #1
PurplePride92
All District

image.php?u=1230001579&dateline=12304472

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boyle County, KY
Posts: 471


icon1.gifDanville Advocate Messenger All Area Team

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?m...21&format=html

There is the link to the article by Hal Morris for the all area team. Quite honestly, I was pleased to see Kruz Warner and Tyler Horn make the team. I thought that Lamar Dawson definitely deserved to be on the team and I also thought that Brett Marshall deserved to be on the team. I am sure they had better stats than some players that made it, but if every area school has to be represented I guess I understand. I am 100% sure Lamar will never be left off again after this year since he has 2 more years left. I have emailed Hal Morris to let him know I didn't like those two being omitted but it is really not his fault since the coaches voted.

I am fully expecting Rees MacShara to get Area Player of the Year. It has been a joy watching him play this year.

 

 

I know what you mean, you have to draw the line somewhere but Brett Marshal absolutely should have been on the team. Leads the team in yards receiving and interceptions.

The stats for each position player are in the article on the all area team, so you can compare stats.

 

If you think Kruz Warner was a good choice at WR, who would you have left off at the receiver position. The kid from Garrard County led the area in receptions, receiving yards and receiving TD's. So that only leaves one other receiver and he is from Boyle County, so are you saying that Brett Marshall should have made it before him?

Lamar is the best LB in this area period.

The stats for each position player are in the article on the all area team, so you can compare stats.

 

If you think Kruz Warner was a good choice at WR, who would you have left off at the receiver position. The kid from Garrard County led the area in receptions, receiving yards and receiving TD's. So that only leaves one other receiver and he is from Boyle County, so are you saying that Brett Marshall should have made it before him?

 

No, I only think Brett Marshall should have made it as a defensive back, I am fine with him being left off as a receiver, but he absolutely should have been on the team as a defensive back. He had a great year as a defensive back. If Brett's stats were posted then my opinion would be validated.

Lamar is the best LB in this area period.

 

And we still haven't seen him play his best football yet. We still have him for 2 more years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dancingpa:ylsuper::fight::banana::dancingpa:ylsuper::fight::banana::dancingpa

And we still haven't seen him play his best football yet. We still have him for 2 more years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dancingpa:ylsuper::fight::banana::dancingpa:ylsuper::fight::banana::dancingpa

 

So, he's only a Sophomore? Wow:banana::dancingpa:banana:

He could legally be a freshman, but from what I was told he either skipped a grade or started school early but I want to say that he turned 15 after the October 1 cutoff date, so technically he should be a freshman. Smart kid, 4.0 student who very well could become the most celebrated football player to ever play for Boyle County. 6'2" 225lbs and still growing.....

You are correct PP he just turned 15 years old. In time...SEC coaches will know who Lamar is also.

Brett Marshall's final regular season stats as a receiver-- 26 rec. for 386 yrds. and 3 tds.

 

I don't know his defensive stats, so I can't comment on whether he should have been selected for defensive back.

 

I can't understand why Henderson from Danville or Hounshell from Garrard wasn't selected over Warner and Crutchfield.

 

I wish someone could explain why Jordon Aumiller was selected to three positions? I'm sure he is a good player, but the stats don't support being voted to three positions.

Biggest ommison was Gilbert from Lincoln County on defense No way there are 11 beeter defensive players in the area than Gilbert

I know what you mean, you have to draw the line somewhere but Brett Marshal absolutely should have been on the team. Leads the team in yards receiving and interceptions.

 

:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.