Letcher County Central 13 Mercer County 12

hmmr1992

Heartbreaking loss for Mercer. Letcher County really stepped up to drive the field and get the game winning field goal. I was rooting for Mercer, but you have to give credit to Letcher for what they were able to accomplish on the road. Congrats to Letcher County. To Mercer, see you guys on the basketball courts.

Were these teams a combined 1 for 4 on PAT's or what?

Actually this was the best story of the game.

Letcher Central QB Charlie Banks is a SPECIAL, SPECIAL football player. He basically is their entire offense. He passes, he runs, he leads the team. Banks kicked a field goal early in the game and was later knocked out of the game with a concussion. Trailing 12-10 late in the game, Banks comes back on the field from his injury and kicks the game winning field goal. He also had a very big night on defense as well.

Actually this was the best story of the game.

Letcher Central QB Charlie Banks is a SPECIAL, SPECIAL football player. He basically is their entire offense. He passes, he runs, he leads the team. Banks kicked a field goal early in the game and was later knocked out of the game with a concussion. Trailing 12-10 late in the game, Banks comes back on the field from his injury and kicks the game winning field goal. He also had a very big night on defense as well.

Sounds like a great competitor!! Congrats to Banks and Letcher. If it is a true concussion won't he have to sit out the region championship next week? Isn't there some sort of guideline on that?

Thanks for the info!!:jump:

I noticed the Letcher radio guy kept saying the Cougars won the district championship tonight.

Last year's playoffs confused everyone, but he should know Whitley won the district title several weeks ago and Letcher can't win District 7 if they are in District 8.

I noticed the Letcher radio guy kept saying the Cougars won the district championship tonight.

Last year's playoffs confused everyone, but he should know Whitley won the district title several weeks ago and Letcher can't win District 7 if they are in District 8.

:lol:

Hard fought game as I expected. Glad my tossup prediction of 1 by Mercer went the other way. LCC came out passing and kept Mercer off balance. Lcc dominated 1st half. Mercer dominated the 4th quarter. Mercer's two running backs were tough. Banks was mentally tough and LCC's defense held fast in the red zone.

Good luck Cougars next week in rematch with Whitley.