2 Bucks?

woodsrider

Does anyone know of any scenario that would allow you to take 2 bucks in the same year in Kentucky?

Unless I'm mistaken, Deer taken from Ft. Knox doesn't count against your total if you draw there. At least that's the way I understand it. I'd sure read up on the KDFWR site before claiming that, but I think that's true.

I called the Depart of Fish and Game and was told that the only scenario in which you are allowed to take two antlered deer in the same season on private ground is...

If you witness any deer damaging your property, like crops, you are allowed to shoot the deer on the spot. You obviously can't see the deer, go get your gun, come back and shoot him as he is walking off. You must take the deer in the act. You would then report it to the game warden and I guess they issue a special permit. You would then still have your state wide antlered tag.

The reason I brought this up was I was looking at the telecheck results and noticed that there was as certain "celebrity" that checked 2 male w/visable antlers this year and last year. Just trying to figure out if I could blackmail them or not.;)

I called the Depart of Fish and Game and was told that the only scenario in which you are allowed to take two antlered deer in the same season on private ground is...

If you witness any deer damaging your property, like crops, you are allowed to shoot the deer on the spot. You obviously can't see the deer, go get your gun, come back and shoot him as he is walking off. You must take the deer in the act. You would then report it to the game warden and I guess they issue a special permit. You would then still have your state wide antlered tag.

The reason I brought this up was I was looking at the telecheck results and noticed that there was as certain "celebrity" that checked 2 male w/visable antlers this year and last year. Just trying to figure out if I could blackmail them or not.;)

I'm gonna be lazy and simply ask who?

I'm gonna be lazy and simply ask who?

Greg Ritz. I put celebrity in quotes because I wouldn't put him in at the same level as some of the others. If you look at Crittenden Co and Union Co for last year and this year you will see names like Stan Potts, Greg Miller, Michael Waddell, Troy Ruiz, and a few others that are slipping my mind right now.

Greg Ritz. I put celebrity in quotes because I wouldn't put him in at the same level as some of the others. If you look at Crittenden Co and Union Co for last year and this year you will see names like Stan Potts, Greg Miller, Michael Waddell, Troy Ruiz, and a few others that are slipping my mind right now.

Who are all those guys?

Greg Ritz is the president of Thompson Center and hosts their show Game Trails. Stan Potts is one of the hosts of North American Whitetails. Greg Miller use to co-host Norther American Whitetails but now has his own show called In Pursuit (I think is the name). Michael Waddell works for Realtree and hosts Road Trips, is the new host for Turkey Call, and is suppose to be coming out with another show. He is probalby the most popular hunting personality in the business. Troy Ruiz works for Primos and is featured alot on their show the Truth.