Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Mussina to retire

Featured Replies

Mussina was a great pitcher long before he became a Yankee ...

 

:thumb:

Shame that the Yankees could not get him into a World Series in the last few years

As a Yankees fan, I completely agree with this. It's a shame.

 

Later.

I liked Moose, but when the Yankees needed him most in the playoffs, he was never able to come through
I think he was around .500... nothing special.
??? Never said he was an all-star with the Yankees but I'm pretty sure he was more known as a Yankee than an O'.

 

Yankees always on tv, Orioles never on tv....

 

Yeah he may have got most of his wins with the Orioles but he was in the big show with the Yanks...

 

 

Still he is not a HOF pitcher compared to a ton of other pitchers that are waiting to get into the HOF.

 

Honestly, I think of him as an Oriole just as much as a Yankee. I'm not going to say he's a HOF'er or not, I don't believe in their voting method, but 270 wins is very good in today's game, we won't be seeing many 300 game winners in the near future. 300 wins is 15 wins for 20 seassons, with today's specialization that won't happen too often. I'll let the journalist decide if he's a HOF'er.

How many active pitchers are on track to reach 270 wins in the next 3 or 4 years?

 

I"m guessing that the Moose gets in, not first ballot maybe, but in a year when the "first-time eligibles" class is weak.

Winning "300" games will be ultra rare as the years go on, we may not see one for quite some time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.