November 17, 200817 yr Anyone have details on the scoring? I completely forgot this game was even on tv tonight.
November 17, 200817 yr Gates had 16 points and 10 boards. I have the sheet downstairs, and I'll get you some more later. Oh yeah, Vaughn had 12, and is now sitting at 1,000 career points at UC...
November 17, 200817 yr Can't ever be too upset with a 30 point victory, although they're not always great indicators. Wish I would've known this game was on. Haven't gotten to see UC play yet this year.
November 17, 200817 yr Can't ever be too upset with a 30 point victory, although they're not always great indicators. Wish I would've known this game was on. Haven't gotten to see UC play yet this year. Only thing to take from this one is that UC is one heck of a lot bigger and stronger than South Dakota. Nice to see that much size on the roster. Been a long time...
November 17, 200817 yr Only thing to take from this one is that UC is one heck of a lot bigger and stronger than South Dakota. Nice to see that much size on the roster. Been a long time... Read something today about Gates that said think Fortson, but bigger. Nice compliment.
November 17, 200817 yr Read something today about Gates that said think Fortson, but bigger. Nice compliment. Solid comparison, but Yancy is also a much better natural athlete. Fortson was a load, but didn't have near the explosiveness of Gates. If he keeps working on his game as hard as he has since he got to campus he's going to be a beast...
November 17, 200817 yr Solid comparison, but Yancy is also a much better natural athlete. Fortson was a load, but didn't have near the explosiveness of Gates. If he keeps working on his game as hard as he has since he got to campus he's going to be a beast... I agree. Gates has the POTENTIAL to be a combination of Martin and Fortson. Big, strong, and agressive around the basket like Fortson, but able to block shots, score, and be explosive like K-Mart.
November 17, 200817 yr Quick recap... 10 players scored. Bishop played the most minutes, with 31 mins. Mike Williams had 9 rebounds, Yancy had 11, and Toyloy had 7. UC was 7-18 on 3's. Outrebounded SD 48-29. Bishop had 5 assists and no turnovers. UC blocked 6 shots and had 9 steals...
November 17, 200817 yr Just from what I've seen from Gates on HS highlights, he's Fortson's body with athleticism.
November 17, 200817 yr I was impressed with the play of Dixon, Toyloy, and Bishop. Bishop handled the point very well for as much as he played which will be huge for UC. Then again SD wasn't anything special and didn't have much size though. Still a nice way to start off the year!
November 17, 200817 yr I was impressed with the play of Dixon, Toyloy, and Bishop. Bishop handled the point very well for as much as he played which will be huge for UC. Then again SD wasn't anything special and didn't have much size though. Still a nice way to start off the year! Bishop spent that much time at PG because SD was playing strictly zone and that presented a best case situation for him. If you see me referring to "Copo" on here, that's Bishop. Not sure how much longer Mick can keep Dixon out of the starting lineup. He has everything you want in a recruit including the natural ability to play D. He's Vaughn 2.0 in many regards IMO. Toyloy was the best JUCO big man in the country, and his game will translate very well to the Big East. I was also impressed with what I saw from Wilks. He's no longer playing SF, and instead now more of a hybrid PF.
November 17, 200817 yr What's the story behind calling Bishop "Copo"? Just his nickname. Everyone in the program calls him Copo and sometimes I tend to do the same. Jamual gave it to him, but won't tell me why... :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.