Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC 73 NKU 61 EXH

Featured Replies

UC will have a great year i believe. Even with Vaughn running the show at PG... they have great post play deapth with Toyloy, Gates, Williams, McClain, and when Riek gets healthy. All will contribute offensively and on D.

 

Bishop will play a KEY role on both sides of the ball.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Bishop will play a KEY role on both sides of the ball.

 

Copo is going to be the guy guarding the opponents best player just about every night. I want to think he'll have an impact on the offensive side, but given his role it will be tough to pull off...

Copo is going to be the guy guarding the opponents best player just about every night. I want to think he'll have an impact on the offensive side, but given his role it will be tough to pull off...

 

I agree 100%. He is one of the most athletic players on the team. It also seems like Wilks and Mitchell are tremendous athletes. Great recruiting class there.

 

I need some help on who the starting 5 may be.

 

I was thinking...

 

1. Vaughn

2. Bishop

3. Mitchell

4. Gates/Williams?

5. Williams/Gates?

 

Could you throw Davis in there? They are a very deep team this year.

  • Author

For things right now it will be

 

Vaughn

Mitchell

Copo

Mike

Biggie

 

Alvin and Biggie are subject to change from game to game, and the other three are locked in. I talked to Dion and some people around the program last week, and I think he could see some starts at the 2 as he continues to adjust, and same for Yancy getting the nod over Biggie when the time is right.

 

I've also been very impressed with what I've seen from Toyloy behind the scenes, but he didn't really get to show much against the exhibition opponents because of their style of play.

 

With Vaughn forced to play PG Mick is going to a pass initiated offense over a set initiated off the bounce he thought he would have with Cash. It's going to take some time to get there, but I like what I've seen so far...

For things right now it will be

 

Vaughn

Mitchell

Copo

Mike

Biggie

 

Alvin and Biggie are subject to change from game to game, and the other three are locked in. I talked to Dion and some people around the program last week, and I think he could see some starts at the 2 as he continues to adjust, and same for Yancy getting the nod over Biggie when the time is right.

 

I've also been very impressed with what I've seen from Toyloy behind the scenes, but he didn't really get to show much against the exhibition opponents because of their style of play.

 

With Vaughn forced to play PG Mick is going to a pass initiated offense over a set initiated off the bounce he thought he would have with Cash. It's going to take some time to get there, but I like what I've seen so far...

 

What about Davis and Wilks?

 

Seem to be two solid players, but just not much of a need for them?

  • Author
What about Davis and Wilks?

 

Seem to be two solid players, but just not much of a need for them?

 

Davis and Wilks will see a good amount of clock, but will be used in specific roles early and will have to grow on that as the season goes on.

 

Larry is a scorer, and not much else at this point. He has to be a better overall player on both sides of the floor, and I give him a hard time about it at least 3 times a week.

 

Wilks is shifting to playing the role of athletic PF for 10 or so minutes a game right now. All of his work is with the post players in practice, and he'll play more against smaller teams when Mick tries to make plays on both ends around the rim...

Davis and Wilks will see a good amount of clock, but will be used in specific roles early and will have to grow on that as the season goes on.

 

Larry is a scorer, and not much else at this point. He has to be a better overall player on both sides of the floor, and I give him a hard time about it at least 3 times a week.

 

Wilks is shifting to playing the role of athletic PF for 10 or so minutes a game right now. All of his work is with the post players in practice, and he'll play more against smaller teams when Mick tries to make plays on both ends around the rim...

 

How will UC be looking on D?

 

With Cash out they need some help from Dixon.

 

Vaughn will get the job done at PG, but will also bo worn out because of his great intensity on D.

 

Bishop is also a wonder on D, but after that how do they look on D?

Did Sorrell play at all?

 

No because he is redshirting this season.

I would definitely think that you could say that.

 

I kinda feel that Bibbins is an empty uniform and I don't really understand why Finnel only played seven minutes. You would think you would want the larger and more aggressive point guard.

 

Bibbins doesn't turn the ball over and obviously the guys that see them every day think he deserves to play more minutes than any other PG they have.

Bibbins doesn't turn the ball over and obviously the guys that see them every day think he deserves to play more minutes than any other PG they have.

 

Just voicing my opinion that I don't agree.

Bibbins doesn't turn the ball over and obviously the guys that see them every day think he deserves to play more minutes than any other PG they have.

 

After playing against Bibbin's in high school a few times, I find it hard to believe he is playing at this high of a level.

After playing against Bibbin's in high school a few times, I find it hard to believe he is playing at this high of a level.

 

Agreed, he is very quick...but I don't think he brings much to the table besides his quickness. All you have to do is play his spin move and then he really hasn't nothing, but I guess opposing scouts don't notice that. With that being said as long as he is in an NKU jersey I will still hope he does well.

After playing against Bibbin's in high school a few times, I find it hard to believe he is playing at this high of a level.

 

I agree. I had seen him many many times during his high school career and was never too impressed with him.

Agreed, he is very quick...but I don't think he brings much to the table besides his quickness. All you have to do is play his spin move and then he really hasn't nothing, but I guess opposing scouts don't notice that. With that being said as long as he is in an NKU jersey I will still hope he does well.

 

Well if all you want is a PG who scores then no he's not the guy for you. However, he's far from an "empty jersey."

Just voicing my opinion that I don't agree.

 

Who would you rather them play? Billy Finnell??!!:confused:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.