Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A Championship Predictions

Featured Replies

I'm sayin Corbin vs. Ft. Campbell

 

Corbin brings home #6 21-14

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta go with NCC- Ft Campbell with NCC getting revenge from last year's loss.

Fort Campbell did not lose many players from last years team? I hear they are really, really good. If Corbin can advance that far this season has been an incredible success.

I think its obvious that Ft. Campbell will come out of the Western KY region, but the East I think is a little up in the air. There is a lot of good teams from the mountains and anyone could beat anyone on any given night. Corbin is a great ball team without doubt and they do have home field advantage through out the playoffs, which is a plus, Corbin is a long bus ride for most of the teams. I think there is teams out there that are really hungry and have not had many chances in the playoffs that will comeout playing like a different teams in the playoffs, Bath Co., Prestonsburg, and Middlesboro are sleepers IMO. Newport Catholic and Prestonsburg have played really tough schedules and know how to play when it comes to big games against tough competition. Good luck to all the Eastern KY schools, I like seeing the gold come to the mountains!

I've seen NCC play a few times this year and they have beat some good teams including 4 6A schools. That is enough for me, NCC wins class 2A in 2008. Good luck to all.

As much as I would love to see Corbin go all the way this year, I don't think it's going to happen. Though Corbin is 10-0 you have to look at the quality of teams that they have played this season as opposed to past seasons. Alot of the better teams

Corbin usually play are having a terrible year and just aren't on the same level they have been on in the past. For example South Laurel has a losing record, Middlesboro has a good record but is not the same calibur of team they usually are. Corbin's opponents combined record is about 43-57 give or take a couple. Corbin is talented in the backfield but will be lucky to make it past the region if they make it that far. A state championship is a far cry this year.

Edited by CORBINBOY
Numerical mistake

Fort Campbell did not lose many players from last years team? I hear they are really, really good. If Corbin can advance that far this season has been an incredible success.

 

Fort Campbell lost a lot of players from last season, many all-state performers. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for the Falcons, which only have 10 Seniors on this team. The Falcons are good this year, but I can't wait until next year when the team has the experience to go with their raw talent.

No one is talking about Danville. I know they haven't played that great this year, but come Friday I think you will see a much more focused team. Plus as long as they keep winning all their play-off games will be at Admiral Stadium.

I'm sayin Corbin vs. Ft. Campbell

 

Corbin brings home #6 21-14

 

The playoffs haven't even started yet. I know Coach Jewell aand the Redhounds are taking one game at a time ... like everyone else should.:thumb:

I would say Corbin and Fort Campbell in the finals, with my darkhorse being the Blackcats of Prestonsburg.

  • Author

The good thing about being a fan is that we don't need to take it one game at a time. We can talk the what ifs til we are blue in the face. Coach Jewell won't allow the players to do that.

Yeah, I guess putting a little extra added pressure on someone doesn't mean much.

Talk like this is what this board is for. The players shouldn't be reading it anyway.

Talk like this is what this board is for. The players shouldn't be reading it anyway.

 

Now, that's a good point.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.