Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gears of War 2.

Featured Replies

TOO DIFFERENT from 1. Took the shotgun almost off of the game.. too similar to the other games such as Halo and COD4.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 13 yr old has been playing that stupid game since Friday after school. We slide food under the door. He said something about it taking too long to find gamers or something. All I know is I am sick of hearing machine guns going off. LOL

I want the game but I have heard thus far that:

 

* Takes too long to find a game

* Shotgun is weaker

 

But Gears 1 was too much of a shotgun battle, it was way too powerful, it was a run and gun blood bath.

 

Gears 2 takes more skill and is more team and strategy based...It will take people more time to get used too.

My son who is playing it as I type with the headset on said that the shotgun is stronger in his opinion.

I hate shotguns in all games! Especially gow1 and rb6 vegas 2.

My son who is playing it as I type with the headset on said that the shotgun is stronger in his opinion.

 

People complain about the 2nd saying that they are mad that they can't hit someone at a far distance like the shotgun used to be able too..

Well, I have played the game all weekend and I didnt stop. I ended up at 300 in the world earlier in execution and 800 in warzone . Many things I have noticed about this game.

1. The smoke "bomb" is the most over used thing in this game. It will knock you down for 5 seconds if thrown near your

2. This game was made for the lancer. The chainsaw is extremly powerful and very hard to stop when someone is coming at you.

3. The shotgun is extremly hard to use, it took me all weekend just to get back into the grove of using it.

4. The gameplay is extremly and I mean extremly slow.

5. The matchmaking is ridiculous. Its a combination between CoD4 and Halo 3.

 

The game is honestly not what I expected but I think it will take some time to get used to. Hopefully it turns out to be as good as advertised, this was supposed to be the greatest game ever and it hasnt lived up to expectations.

How is it in story mode?I'm not big on Multiplayer...I liked the story mode on the first one...

Well, I have played the game all weekend and I didnt stop. I ended up at 300 in the world earlier in execution and 800 in warzone . Many things I have noticed about this game.

1. The smoke "bomb" is the most over used thing in this game. It will knock you down for 5 seconds if thrown near your

2. This game was made for the lancer. The chainsaw is extremly powerful and very hard to stop when someone is coming at you.

3. The shotgun is extremly hard to use, it took me all weekend just to get back into the grove of using it.

4. The gameplay is extremly and I mean extremly slow.

5. The matchmaking is ridiculous. Its a combination between CoD4 and Halo 3.

 

The game is honestly not what I expected but I think it will take some time to get used to. Hopefully it turns out to be as good as advertised, this was supposed to be the greatest game ever and it hasnt lived up to expectations.

 

 

Everything you have mentioned can be fixed with updates and patches that EPIC will hopefully release. They dropped the ball with GOW1 and DLC and updates so it'll be a concern if they wait a while before coming out with an update for this installment.

How is it in story mode?I'm not big on Multiplayer...I liked the story mode on the first one...

 

Heard it was a lot better but I have yet to play the game.

Everything you have mentioned can be fixed with updates and patches that EPIC will hopefully release. They dropped the ball with GOW1 and DLC and updates so it'll be a concern if they wait a while before coming out with an update for this installment.

 

If EPIC wants to keep people playing this game they better start making the updates soon, if not they will end up losing alot of people to World at War. Everyone who I played against and with do not like they way they have made it.

If EPIC wants to keep people playing this game they better start making the updates soon, if not they will end up losing alot of people to World at War. Everyone who I played against and with do not like they way they have made it.

 

Yeah I heard the matchmaking is horrible..Which, with what I've heard, I agree...I don't know much about the gameplay, but I've heard the lancer is too powerful and the grenades are too effective.

 

Other than that the biggest problems were with matchmaking...

Heard it was a lot better but I have yet to play the game.

 

Cool...I'm not a big gamer but I loved Halo 1...I enjoyed GOW...Beat it Once... got to the end of it second time around and couldn't finish it off...

 

I'm a old school quake 2er PC multiplayer...

Yeah I heard the matchmaking is horrible..Which, with what I've heard, I agree...I don't know much about the gameplay, but I've heard the lancer is too powerful and the grenades are too effective.

 

Other than that the biggest problems were with matchmaking...

 

Well, let me know when your planning on getting it and Ill try to play with you. And I do advise you to play some of the campaign before getting online because the game play is completly different. Also the ending of the campaign was a disappointment. RAAM was tougher than this SKORGE was.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.