Bryan Station 28 Ashland 14

Painter

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some final (radio stats)

Rushing: Ashland 252 - BS 301. Passing: Ashland 4-9-1 for 45 - BS 4-12-0 for 26. First downs Ashalnd 11 - BS 13. Turnovers: Ashland 2 BS ZERO!!.

BS really ramped up their defensive effort...

Some final (radio stats)

Rushing: Ashland 252 - BS 301. Passing: Ashland 4-9-1 for 45 - BS 4-12-0 for 26. First downs Ashalnd 11 - BS 13. Turnovers: Ashland 2 BS ZERO!!.

BS really ramped up their defensive effort...

Thanks Painter. Not making excuses, but it would have been nice to see if DeMartino could have made any difference for the Cats.

Thanks Painter. Not making excuses, but it would have been nice to see if DeMartino could have made any difference for the Cats.

I dont know how much of a difference it would have made...IMO we miss his defensive presence maybe a bit more than his offensive production.

There is still a big prize to be won this coming Friday...Cats need a great week of practice and take this loss out on Johnson Central.

First of all I want to congratulate Station on a very impressive victory. Neither team could muster much offense in the first half until Alber broke a big run up the middle late in the 2nd to give Ashland the 7-0 lead in the half. The 2nd half is when Station started to click. Cornette broke 3 big runs to give Station a 21-7 lead late in the 4th quarter and Ashland never could responsed. Im still more and more impressed with Hunter. He battled back nicely after an early INT and made some good throws, but to me he is more dangerous with his feet.

First of all I want to congratulate Station on a very impressive victory. Neither team could muster much offense in the first half until Alber broke a big run up the middle late in the 2nd to give Ashland the 7-0 lead in the half. The 2nd half is when Station started to click. Cornette broke 3 big runs to give Station a 21-7 lead late in the 4th quarter and Ashland never could responsed. Im still more and more impressed with Hunter. He battled back nicely after an early INT and made some good throws, but to me he is more dangerous with his feet.

Thanks for the first hand info JCAlum...you must have been one of the 37 people in attendance for this contest. I really thought the game would have been closer than this, but it sounds like the BS defense, and no turnovers made the difference.

Would you say the Station has improved any since you guys played them? If I start comparing scores of how the Eagles played them, its doesnt bode well for Ashland.

Thanks for the first hand info JCAlum...you must have been one of the 37 people in attendance for this contest. I really thought the game would have been closer than this, but it sounds like the BS defense, and no turnovers made the difference.

Would you say the Station has improved any since you guys played them? If I start comparing scores of how the Eagles played them, its doesnt bode well for Ashland.

I was suprised by the low, very low, turnout by the Station fans even with the weather. Ashland probably doubled in attendance what Station had.

Station is a team that is learning to win. As I said earlier, if Ashland had been able to get out on Station earlier, I thought they would win. But when you allow a team to hang around, things get interesting. Station is a very good team. They have a big line and a good backfield. I wouldnt put to much into the comparing scores though.