Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 22 Holmes 14 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

Congrats to Scott's Freshman for winning its first Freshman game in 2 years...:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

Hats off to Holmes for playing really tough despite only having 15 players dressed and playing!

Good job by both teams.

  • Author

I don't know if it was just late season attrition, or just low turn out this year or what. I was hoping some of our Holmes friends could fill us in on that. I give them alot of credit for playing hard both ways the entire game.

I don't know if it was just late season attrition, or just low turn out this year or what. I was hoping some of our Holmes friends could fill us in on that. I give them alot of credit for playing hard both ways the entire game.

 

I think it's a little bit of both. I know I spoke with Coach Lickert at the beginning of the season and he informed me that they had around 35 guys at the frosh level. I doubt very seriously Scott saw the same team that beat Dixie 40-22 in week one.

Gotta feel for Coach Lickert. It's hard to build a program without dedicated players. Just can't see Holmes getting back to a winning program in football. But, they sure get even with everyone else in basketball.

Gotta feel for Coach Lickert. It's hard to build a program without dedicated players. Just can't see Holmes getting back to a winning program in football. But, they sure get even with everyone else in basketball.

 

The freshman team has always had low numbers. A lot of the kids who are freshman play for Bengal Tigers instead of Holmes for their 9th grade year. This is another reason for the low numbers.

A win is a win , so congrats to Scott

Next question ,I believe Pee Wee football in Northern Kentucky is age base not grade

I know lots of kids ,because of their age could not play as 8th graders they were

to old, unless Holmes has alot of young Freshman they could not be playing for the

Bengals Tiger

Holmes also has a Middle School team which has fair numbers of about 25

Will Holmes have enough kids to field a team against Ryle next week?

A win is a win , so congrats to Scott

Next question ,I believe Pee Wee football in Northern Kentucky is age base not grade

I know lots of kids ,because of their age could not play as 8th graders they were

to old, unless Holmes has alot of young Freshman they could not be playing for the

Bengals Tiger

Holmes also has a Middle School team which has fair numbers of about 25

 

Actually it is possible to play Bengal Tigers as a freshman. Justin Young (now at Morehead St.) is a prime example. He played seniors for Bengal Tigers as a freshman along with a few other kids.

Actually it is possible to play Bengal Tigers as a freshman. Justin Young (now at Morehead St.) is a prime example. He played seniors for Bengal Tigers as a freshman along with a few other kids.

 

 

I quess it is possible if the kid is young for his class, starting school early,

late birthday but this is not a large group of kids

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.