Why do teams kick/punt the football to Austin Collinsworth?

theguru

First off I don't believe those are his total return stats???This past game he had a punt return for a td, a kickoff return for a td, an interception return for a td, and a recieving td..The kid is a stud and is only going to get better.. :D:D

Agreed!!!! Lets not forget his teamates that are blocking for him. There was a number of KEY blocks to help him gain that yardage. Great job by all the Hghlands players. GO BIRDS!!!!:banana:

First off I don't believe those are his total return stats???This past game he had a punt return for a td, a kickoff return for a td, an interception return for a td, and a recieving td..The kid is a stud and is only going to get better.. :D:D

I was wrong he had two punts for a td and no kickoff..My bad..:D

Thanks for clearing that up. I think it's obvious to anyone who is familiar with his performance that he is incredibly talented in several aspects of the game.

Let's not forget the 91 yarder that Head had for the game opener Friday night. I know, I know, this thread is about Collinsworth. Austin is truly amazing. His father must be proud. His mother is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I think he has everything going for him right now. Lookout D-1's, he will be on your radar soon. I smell a orange and blue team far south of here, or a blue and white team not very south of here. I think it is going to be his choice where he feels like going.

I noticed according to these stats that only 1 kick punt & kickoff has been returned for a touchdown. Not really understanding the hype or question of why or why not to kick it to him. Not real impressed with the stats that everyone is discussing. :thumb:

I don't think those stats are 100% accurate.