Lynn Camp 25 Harlan 17

outlawcoach

Closer than I expected.

It was a heckuva game to watch. The Campers started 2 drives inside the Harlan 10 yd line or it could have been closer. But Lynn Camp had turnovers that hurt as well. Both teams were a little hamstringed on offense but I did think Harlan's back up QB did a good job. You could tell that Lynn camp didnt have that one break away threat that they usually have but they are big and aggressive up front. Overall, it was just a good high school football game!:thumb:

It was a heckuva game to watch. The Campers started 2 drives inside the Harlan 10 yd line or it could have been closer. But Lynn Camp had turnovers that hurt as well. Both teams were a little hamstringed on offense but I did think Harlan's back up QB did a good job. You could tell that Lynn camp didnt have that one break away threat that they usually have but they are big and aggressive up front. Overall, it was just a good high school football game!:thumb:

Yea injuries have hurt Lynn Camp, but I expect Harlan to regain their swagger before long, they never stay down. This close call may be what helps them get it back.

Yea injuries have hurt Lynn Camp, but I expect Harlan to regain their swagger before long, they never stay down. This close call may be what helps them get it back.

I agree. I hope the Campers heal up before the playoffs and I think that you are correct that Harlan will recover in the future. I hope this series is able to continue because it has been very competetive over the years.:thumb:

Keep your heads up Dragons, your young team is maturing and soon you will have that Dragon swagger back! (As previously mentioned). The last two games you have played has been all from the heart.

Great match up! (HHS and LCHS) I also agree that we need to keep this one going. It seems like it has always been a close game when these two play. Does anybody know the standings between the two schools? I know they have been playing a long.

In all honesty, after the fact, with all I had heard about the Dragons, I really did not expect what I saw. I expected a bad team without much execution or leadership. I kind of expected a team that was going through the motions of a bad year. BUT:

They gave us a fight and all we wanted.

They are a good football team. You can tell they are young, but they do a lot of things right. Next year could be a good year for Dragon football if they hang in there and have a good winter. The starting QB was out and the backup did his job well. The RBs looked good and they were able to move the ball in spurts. As some of these kids progress, it appears that they could do some things in the next couple of years. Harlan is just in a down cycle and is improving. Happens to all of us "A" schools. Good luck the rest of the way!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

In all honesty, after the fact, with all I had heard about the Dragons, I really did not expect what I saw. I expected a bad team without much execution or leadership. I kind of expected a team that was going through the motions of a bad year. BUT:

They gave us a fight and all we wanted.

They are a good football team. You can tell they are young, but they do a lot of things right. Next year could be a good year for Dragon football if they hang in there and have a good winter. The starting QB was out and the backup did his job well. The RBs looked good and they were able to move the ball in spurts. As some of these kids progress, it appears that they could do some things in the next couple of years. Harlan is just in a down cycle and is improving. Happens to all of us "A" schools. Good luck the rest of the way!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks for your honesty. Lynn Camp looks as though they could make a little noise in the post season, Good Luck Campers!

If Harlan beats Jenkins, they will have the #2 spot in the district and play the opening round at home. Someone tell me who is likely to finish 3rd in the opposite district. I havent been keeping up with it at all, but I assume Pikeville will win it with Paintsville coming in 2cd. I have been seeing good things from Allen Central. Anyway, how does that district likely shape up? HDE?? Anyone??

It looks like Allen Central will be coming to Harlan. The Rebels could be 8-2. I doubt that's ever happened before.

Aug 29, 08 Jenkins away 28 - 12 (W)

Sep 5, 08 Magoffin County home 42 - 6 (W)

Sep 12, 08 Phelps home 62 - 14 (W)

Sep 19, 08 Paintsville away 14 - 42 (L)

Sep 26, 08 Pikeville home 42 - 43 (L)

Oct 3, 08 Betsy Layne away 58 - 30 (W)

Oct 10, 08 Open home

Oct 17, 08 Jackson County away 7:30 PM

Oct 24, 08 South Floyd away 7:30 PM

Oct 31, 08 Knott County Central home 7:30 PM

Nov 7, 08 Berea home 7:30 PM