Danville 40 Bardstown 26

Bardstown was up 12-0 in the first quarter, and 19-12 at halftime, they played a great first half. Led 26-12 with 5:50 to go in the 3rd and the wheels fell off. Danville found something in the deep middle passing game and made the plays they needed to make to win.

This was a good football game but this is neither the Danville nor the Bardstown teams of yore.

Danville won the game with big plays and good second half defense. That said, this was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen, and not just missed calls on obvious clips and holds, but a flat-out got it wrong on a safety and keeping a missed field goal at the spot of the kick rather than the 20 yard-line. We've got to have better than this or the game of football will suffer.

This is certainly not a great Danville team, but they have found ways to win games recently. Maybe the lights will go on at the right time and everything will come together. Sounds like they were 3 or 4 plays away from a very good performance tonight.

This was another mediocre team at best that Danville had to pull out in the

2nd half. If Danville wants to make a serious run at another State title, they are going to have to learn to play an entire game. Waiting until the 2nd half to turn it on could prove to be costly for the Ads once they get into about the 2nd-3rd round of the playoffs. Congratulations Ads, and good luck against Russellville next week, which should be a much stiffer challenge than they have faced since GRC 3 weeks ago.

Both teams played hard and both teams made there share of mistakes...The Ads were lucky to pull this one out...The game was fun to watch but the best part of the evening was Hanging with TTC,JS and Hearsay...:thumb:

Hearsay thanks so much for a real nice evening!!!I really enjoyed the great food and drink,but more than anything I loved being around your family...Your wife is very sweet and your boys are just Angels...

The after the game discussions we had on your back screened in room were priceless...:thumb:

When Bardstown and Danville meet again here in Danville The Chili will be waiting on you guys...:ylsuper:

Thanks again...

Bardstown had a better team than most think, they have played a tough schedule. In my opinion everybody thinks Green County is so good, I'm confident that Danville and Bardstown can handle Green County in tyhe playoffs, there schedule is weak at best. In my opinion also the non-saftey call was correct, 2 points didn't decide the game anyway.

Bardstown had a better team than most think, they have played a tough schedule. In my opinion everybody thinks Green County is so good, I'm confident that Danville and Bardstown can handle Green County in tyhe playoffs, there schedule is weak at best. In my opinion also the non-saftey call was correct, 2 points didn't decide the game anyway.

If it was a safety in question...don't forget the reward is more than 2 points. The team scoring the safety also gets the ball next play on a free kick.

A safety is a HUGE momentum driver. P-burg benefited from one back in 1993 (back in the days of yore) long time Ads fans might remember.

;)

Both teams played hard and both teams made there share of mistakes...The Ads were lucky to pull this one out...The game was fun to watch but the best part of the evening was Hanging with TTC,JS and Hearsay...:thumb:

Hearsay thanks so much for a real nice evening!!!I really enjoyed the great food and drink,but more than anything I loved being around your family...Your wife is very sweet and your boys are just Angels...

The after the game discussions we had on your back screened in room were priceless...:thumb:

When Bardstown and Danville meet again here in Danville The Chili will be waiting on you guys...:ylsuper:

Thanks again...

I second that!! I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and am looking forward to round 2 in November.

I appreciate the compliments and Mrs. Hearsay and I and the boys all enjoyed everyone's company.

Might have to be basketball season before a re-gathering, however, as the prospect of beating Glasgow/Monroe and then Green County in the playoffs looks daunting at the moment.