31 Best Horror Movies

Gotta be a place for "Poltergeist" on there somewhere. I was afraid to go swimming for months after seeing the "pool party."

Thats what I was thinking. Also The Ring was flat out horrible. I found nothing whatsoever scary about that movie. There is a recent movie that got me to jump a few times, and that is Shutter. Great movie if you havent seen it. I also found the movie Vacancy to be pretty freaky.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen everyone of those, and they're terrible. The twists are stupid, and the scripts are awful IMO.

The 6th Sense-One of the best twists of all time, Unbreakable-Very good twist that no one saw coming, Signs-A man getting his faith back (Sure, that's stupid right?), The Villiage-So so ending.

The 6th Sense-One of the best twists of all time, Unbreakable-Very good twist that no one saw coming, Signs-A man getting his faith back (Sure, that's stupid right?), The Villiage-So so ending.

The Sixth Sense was incredibly predictable. You could see that coming from a mile away. Unbreakable, I'll give you was a decent movie.

Look if you liked them, more power to ya, but as for me, I actually like being entertained by movies.

The Sixth Sense was incredibly predictable. You could see that coming from a mile away. Unbreakable, I'll give you was a decent movie.

Look if you liked them, more power to ya, but as for me, I actually like being entertained by movies.

I've always thought that Unbreakable was by far his best movie. It was on G4 the other day. I hadn't seen it in a couple of years, and it is just as good now.

1. The sixth Sense- Not a horror movie in anyway whatsoever. This movie was kinda dumb IMO.

2. Poltrigiest- Definitely a top 15 movie. Very scary and the curse that followed it.

3. Nightmare on Elm Street- Definitely not overrated. I mean come on, it put fear in everyone about going to sleep. it's a great film.

4. jaws- definitely should be top 25. terrifying to go in the water after watching that.

5. The Ring- hated it, thought it made no sense at all.

31. The Ring (2002)-I remember it was scary but otherwise I found it very forgettable

22. Scream (1996)-Maybe because it was in my era but I really enjoyed this one. The Scream costume still gets scares in a creepy way.

21. Friday the 13th (1980)-I'm sure this one is sentimental to many as one of the core slasher films and it clearly belongs on the list but the theme was done better with Micheal Myers.

20. Dracula (1931)-I haven't seen this version but I actually did like the more recently done Bram Stokers Dracula unlike many others.

18. Carrie (1976)-I know I have seen this but it didn't leave much of an impact.

16. Night of the Living Dead (1968)-It deserves to make the list for starting the zombie culture, and holds up a little bit but not so much as to make a modern horror buff shriek.

15. The Blair Witch Project (1999)-I really liked this, I understand why many don't but I think it deserved the attention it got.

13. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)-Overrated, sorry.

11. Frailty (2002)-I was surprised to see this one on here but I'm glad it was. Great movie, looking at childhood, brotherhood, and the danger of extreme faith.

10. 28 Days Later (2002)- Probably my favorite zombie movie.

8. Dawn of the Dead (1978)-Isn't there a recent remake of this one? If so I've seen the remake, it had a good beginning but dulled through the film.

6. The Sixth Sense (1999)- I think I'm the only person who hasn't seen this movie

5. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)- Good and scary

4. The Shining (1980)- Good, but not that good, and yes I do get it.

3. Psycho (1960)- I know it inspired so much in horror and psychological horror/thrillers but to be honest it doesn't hold up.

2. The Exorcist (1973)- Great movie. I visited Baltimore this last summer and rented a house in a neighborhood similar to the one in the movie. I couldn't stop thinking about the movie.

1. Halloween (1978)- Easily the best slasher movie.

Others that I have enjoyed. Saw, Children of the Corn, Vacancy (you must watch this if you have ever stayed at a road side motel) Dusk til Dawn, Interview with the Vampire, Candyman (I still refuse to say Candyman to the mirror.)

Why do you consider it overrated?

11. Frailty (2002)-I was surprised to see this one on here but I'm glad it was. Great movie, looking at childhood, brotherhood, and the danger of extreme faith.

5. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)- Good and scary

Frailty - this really doesn't have anything to do with the thread but wondered what you meant by "the danger of extreme faith".

What did you find good or scary about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre?