Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCC/Highlands Districts

Featured Replies

Just talked with a true "fan" and he told me there are some big surprises on for tomorrow night. I think he has me bringing the "suprisee". :banana:

 

I heard the same thing over the weekend. I hope that their is a solid fan base there from both schools for this game because the surprises are going to be memorable for NCC and lasting for HHS.:fire:

  • Replies 49
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will definitely be a memorable one! Let the festivities begin.............:scared::dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpahttp://www.bluegrasspreps.com/ubb/dancingparty.gif

:dancingpa

  • Author
I heard the same thing over the weekend. I hope that their is a solid fan base there from both schools for this game because the surprises are going to be memorable for NCC and lasting for HHS.:fire:

 

Can you elaborate any?

Attend the game....fun on 'the hill' continues......:banana:

Coach Jenny Mertle going for 700 career wins. Needs 5 more to reach goal before she calls it quits and I can assure you that Highlands will not stand in her teams way. GO BREDS!

 

I just had to comment on this. We all know that a decent amount of trash talking goes on with these boards but please keep in mind that players read this as much as anyone else. The birds have had a great season, one of the best in their history, and to be "assured" that they do not stand a chance to stand in NCC's way is heartbreaking and angering to these young kids. After such a great season, at least give their team the respect of giving them a chance to play the game. GO BIRDS!

So Sweeperboy's opinion is that HHS will not win this game against NCC. I see nobody here indicating that Highlands doesn't deserve to be in this game. If anything, Carguy & Wildpack4 are not taking this game for grant-it.

 

I don't see much, if any, trash talking going on here. Highlands has certainly racked up quite a few wins this season, especially with 2 big wins against Campbell County. The general feel that I get from this thread is that it's a shame the district doesn't seed so that both of these teams could go to the regional tournament. From looking at the scores on the KHSAA website it appears that Highlands is probably the second best team in the 10th region this year. To draw NCC in the first round must be a heartbreaker for them. However, if they can beat them tonight, they would have to be the favorite to win the region.

 

This forum is certainly used to express opinion and I see nothing here that is disrespectful to anyone. What are your thoughts on the district matchup?

I don't see any 'trash'. The Enquirer hinted they would pick Highlands to win tonight. It doesn't appear that anything negative is being said about the girls. It's the regular predictions that go on all season long with every sport. Sometimes your team is on the winning side of the predictions and sometimes not. It's sports!

I just had to comment on this. We all know that a decent amount of trash talking goes on with these boards but please keep in mind that players read this as much as anyone else. The birds have had a great season, one of the best in their history, and to be "assured" that they do not stand a chance to stand in NCC's way is heartbreaking and angering to these young kids. After such a great season, at least give their team the respect of giving them a chance to play the game. GO BIRDS!

 

Welcome to the site Birdvb. I can tell you that in no way I am saying that Highlands has not had a great season in their own mind. My point is the fact that NCC coach and team has some goals and her girls are on a mission and will not let her down tonite. That is not trash talking nor is it taking anything away from HHS. It just so happens to be Highlands chance to play tonite, and whoever Tues nite and whoever Wed. :thumb:

Welcome to the site Birdvb. I can tell you that in no way I am saying that Highlands has not had a great season in their own mind. My point is the fact that NCC coach and team has some goals and her girls are on a mission and will not let her down tonite. That is not trash talking nor is it taking anything away from HHS. It just so happens to be Highlands chance to play tonite, and whoever Tues nite and whoever Wed. :thumb:

 

I realize there is no trash talking on this thread...I didn't mean to infer that. But what has been common is people already putting NCC in the state tournament. Don't get me wrong, they are a fantastic team. I belive that NCC, HHS and CCHS all have great teams this year. Its also unfortunate that with NCC and HHS both having great seasons, they won't both have the opportunity to move on to Regionals. Let's hope that whoever does go can represent the district well.

NCC wins this match in 3 against an inspired Highlands Team 19-25 ,25-11 , 25-15 . NCC came out flat in the first game but woke up and won the next 2 fairly easily .

What was the surprise?

What was the surprise?

 

Yeah,what was the surprise!!!!!!

Yeah,what was the surprise!!!!!!

 

Oh i just heard from first hand what happened. I hope you had fun!!!!

Oh i just heard from first hand what happened. I hope you had fun!!!!

 

 

Well share it with the rest of the people that were there.

I didn't see anthing that was memorable for NCC or

lasting for Highlands.

I believe one of the NCC fathers who is also a Highlands father ran around the court befor the match with an NCC flag . His other kids go to Highlands . I believe he has a daughter on the Highlands soccer team and I'm not sure how many of his boys are on the Football team at Highlands .

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.