Week Six WYMT Mountain Top Ten

rock19701

You need to have Coach Haywood call Dudley and have Bell in the Bowl game. Bell played in the Pike Co. Bowl in 1988 and loved it. I am sure that Bell would love to come back.
Bell would be a great addition to the Pike County Bowl.

Unfortunately, that is the one game on Belfry's schedule that they do not have any control over scheduling. The Pike County Bowl Committee takes care of that and it is already set for the next two years.

Boyd County and Covington Holy Cross will the the two opponents for Belfry and Pikeville to face.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason you failed to mention that Bell is a 4A school and Belfry is a 3A school. And before the class system changed Bell was a 3A school and Belfry a 2A school. I believe if Bell was a class down they would have some state titles recently. Both teams are very good. I can't say for sure who would win between each team every year. But year in and year out Bell plays much tougher competition.

I specifically mentioned how people would make the arguement Belfry has played in a weaker class and refuted that notion with the fact that the best Bell County team over the past five years lost to Prestonsburg in a year that Belfry took down the Blackcats twice. For your information Pburg was a 2A team and Bell was 3A, and for whatever reason Bell County has not returned the Blackcats call since then as well.:sssh:

I think there is minimul difference between a semi-state with Russell, Sheldon Clark, Mason County, Breathitt,Somerset, Middlesboro (BTW lots of old 3A teams in there) compared to a semi-state with Knox Central, Rockcastle County, LexCath, and Boyle County, in fact, Belfry may have a tougher road in 3A more often than Bell would in 4A.

Just because 4A is a class higher does not mean it is a tougher class, especially when the Eastern half of 3A carries the weight for the entire class.

Bell Co. did scrimmge Johnson Central the past 2 years. Thats a long trip for both teams, but I think its good they got together.

Bell played at Sheldon Clark last season and will host the Cardinals this year. Obviously distance is not an issue.

I specifically mentioned how people would make the arguement Belfry has played in a weaker class and refuted that notion with the fact that the best Bell County team over the past five years lost to Prestonsburg in a year that Belfry took down the Blackcats twice. For your information Pburg was a 2A team and Bell was 3A, and for whatever reason Bell County has not returned the Blackcats call since then as well.:sssh:

I think there is minimul difference between a semi-state with Russell, Sheldon Clark, Mason County, Breathitt,Somerset, Middlesboro (BTW lots of old 3A teams in there) compared to a semi-state with Knox Central, Rockcastle County, LexCath, and Boyle County, in fact, Belfry may have a tougher road in 3A more often than Bell would in 4A.

Just because 4A is a class higher does not mean it is a tougher class, especially when the Eastern half of 3A carries the weight for the entire class.

You are talking about Bell losing a game in August. That year Bell Co. really came together after that point. They started a freshman QB. It took a while for things to click. Also no one is saying Belfry or Prestonsburg for that matter are not quality teams. Also, Bell went to Prestonsburg to play. I am sure that the following year Bell would have welcomed a home game from Prestonsburg.

As for the 4A-4A debate, if you don't think there is a huge difference between Boyle Co and LexCath compared to Breathitt Co. and Middlesboro than I really don't know what to say. Those teams aren't even close. Maybe we should start a poll to see which class is tougher. :sssh:

That was also the same year that Bell go beat in a close game in the Semi's by Highlands. P'burg had some help on the night and Bell did not play well. Actually they started up 13-0 on p-burg in the first few minutes and then things got interesting. :sssh: So you can't really believe Bell was not the best team???

Bell has played 3 teams that have been or currently ranked in their class's top 10 this year. Rock, Know and Whitley.

Belfry has played Holly cross, Lawrence and Pikeville as the best 3???

Don't take a genius to figure out who has played the best schedule of the two? :flame: