Boyle 29 Rockcastle 8 (JV)

rebsrule

The future looks bright for BC. With better execution this score could have been a lot worse. I look forward to watching all of these guys elevate to varsity level.

I agree 100%! This is great group of young men that can only get better. What sticks out to you the most about this group? (running game, passing game, defense, etc.)

The JV had practice with the varsity at 2 today. I beleive that the boys were a little tired coming into the game. But overall I beleive they played well against a physical Rockcastle team. I also think we beat them at their own game, we lined up and marched the ball down the field in the single-back formation.

I agree 100%! This is great group of young men that can only get better. What sticks out to you the most about this group? (running game, passing game, defense, etc.)

Offensive line and running game have done very well.

I am impressed by it all really. I was thinking at the game that next year we will hve a great stable of running backs with McShara, Cook, and Cox. I love the way Chris Cook runs. He is looking for a defender to run over and then he runs over them. I also like how every time Rockcastle tried to throw the ball it was an interception or incomplete. The secondary is impressive as well as the linebackers making nearly every tackle on any run play that Rockcastle had. The line also did great considering how much bigger Rockcastle was. The fact that they practiced at 2 makes this win even more impressive in my eyes. It's been great watching these boys grow from middle school to where they are now. I think Devin Hale will be a great qb his senior year when he takes over the team. Yes, the future looks bright.

The JV had practice with the varsity at 2 today. I beleive that the boys were a little tired coming into the game. But overall I beleive they played well against a physical Rockcastle team. I also think we beat them at their own game, we lined up and marched the ball down the field in the single-back formation.

I'm pretty sure Rockcastle's JV practice before their JV games as well. Gotta have someone for the varsity to beat up...:lol:

I enjoyed the game tonight. The program definitely appears to have a bright future. Even with the miscues, the younger players seem to have an intensity that is missing in many programs you see throughout the state. And yes, the talent at RB is very rich indeed looking forward.

I'm pretty sure Rockcastle's JV practice before their JV games as well. Gotta have someone for the varsity to beat up...:lol:

Rock has there off week for there Varsity correct? And If there not off of School, then wouldn't they have to come almost Straight to Boyle to play?

Rock has there off week for there Varsity correct? And If there not off of School, then wouldn't they have to come almost Straight to Boyle to play?

Rockcastle plays McCreary Central this week. And I'd say the JV got to practice a little before leaving for Boyle County...it's not that far of a drive is it?

I remember when I was in HS, we practiced before playing Lexington Catholic @ Lex. Cath.

Rock JV, 3:00 to 4:35 scout team , 4:35 to 4:55 eat bologna sandwich get on bus- arrive at boyle 5:45 warmup, make lineups for O, D, KO, KR. 6:00 play ball. tough kids that love the game. Boyle looked great, Rock has improved. Boyle made five big plays, which equaled 4 scores (fifth great catch by #6) Rock D had a goal line stand, and held Boyle 8 pts (Big play pass) second half. Great game from both teams, no excuses on either side.

I am impressed by it all really. I was thinking at the game that next year we will hve a great stable of running backs with McShara, Cook, and Cox. I love the way Chris Cook runs. He is looking for a defender to run over and then he runs over them. I also like how every time Rockcastle tried to throw the ball it was an interception or incomplete. The secondary is impressive as well as the linebackers making nearly every tackle on any run play that Rockcastle had. The line also did great considering how much bigger Rockcastle was. The fact that they practiced at 2 makes this win even more impressive in my eyes. It's been great watching these boys grow from middle school to where they are now. I think Devin Hale will be a great qb his senior year when he takes over the team. Yes, the future looks bright.

I think Devin has done a great job. But over the next couple of seasons he needs to learn to go to a 2nd or 3rd receiver. He picks his man before the play and rarely changes. It's a very difficult thing to learn, but to take his game to the next level he will have to.