Study estimates that one in 2.7 men will cheat

ScarHeel

- Survey: Ninety-two percent of men said it wasn't primarily about the sex

- Eighty-eight percent of men surveyed said other women were no better looking

- Only 7 percent of men who strayed told their wives without being asked

- Expert Gary Neuman shares the cheating signs you could be missing

In a new study conducted by marriage counselor M. Gary Neuman, it's estimated that one in 2.7 men will cheat -- and most of their wives will never know about it.

What's the number one reason men cheat? Ninety-two percent of men said it wasn't primarily about the sex.

"The majority said it was an emotional disconnection, specifically a sense of feeling underappreciated. A lack of thoughtful gestures," Gary says. "Men are very emotional beings. They just don't look like that. Or they don't seem like that. Or they don't tell you that."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/10/03/o.why.men.cheat/index.html

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always puzzled me how one can cheat on one's partner in life be it the male or the female. My wife and I will be married 38 years on Thursday and never, not even once in those 38 yeas, have I even given it a second thought of cheating on her, for she means far to much to me to lose her over a stupid couple of minutes of lust!

I think it happens far more often with younger people....JMO

That's what I'm debating.

I wonder if more younger guys are cheating simply because they are young.

Or if more older guys are cheating because, trying not to violate any rules here, but because they've been married for years and their sex life at home is so terrible.

Also the fact that the younger generations party more could contribute to the numbers. Most of us know what alcohol does to our decision making abilities.

What did the study define as cheating ? The physical acts of sex only ? Did the study consider men going to strip clubs cheating ?

That's what I'm debating.

I wonder if more younger guys are cheating simply because they are young.

Or if more older guys are cheating because, trying not to violate any rules here, but because they've been married for years and their sex life at home is so terrible.

Also the fact that the younger generations party more could contribute to the numbers. Most of us know what alcohol does to our decision making abilities.

What did the study define as cheating ? The physical acts of sex only ? Did the study consider men going to strip clubs cheating ?

Is it just on spouses or is it cheating on a significant other as well?

I know lots of friends that are in relationships and do some sort of cheating whenever alcohol is involved....