Palin vs. Albreight

LO

S ANGELES, Oct 5, 2008 (UPI via COMTEX) -- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright says GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin "distorted the truth" by misquoting her.

At a campaign stop in California Saturday Palin urged women to vote Republican, invoking what she said was a quote by Albright, the first woman to serve as Secretary of State. Palin said the quote was printed on her Starbucks mocha cup.

"Now she said it, I didn't," as the crowd booed Albright. "She said, 'There's a place in Hell reserved for women who don't support other women.'"

Palin told the audience to watch and see how her comment "is turned into whatever it'll be turned into tomorrow with the newspaper."

The Huffington Post said Sunday the actual quote was, "There's a place in Hell reserved for women who don't help other women."

Albright told the Web site in a statement she was "flattered" Palin chose "to cite me as a source of wisdom" but said her observation "had nothing to do with politics."

"This is yet another example of (GOP nominee John) McCain and Palin distorting the truth, and all the more reason to remember that this campaign is not about gender, it is about which candidate has an agenda that will improve the lives of all Americans, including women."

Cat fight!:dancingpa:fight::dancingpa

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/10/05/Palin_Albright_spar_on_quote/UPI-49161223255691/

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's also a cup out there that says this:

"Why in moments of crisis do we ask God for strength and help? As cognitive beings, why would we ask something that may well be a figment of our imaginations for guidance? Why not search inside ourselves for the power to overcome? After all, we are strong enough to cause most of the catastrophes we need to endure."

Does Palin believe this, too? :lol:

See, again...because I am a woman I am supposed to vote for Palin. :creepy:

And no, if I don't, evidently I am going to hell. :lol:

But Governor Palin can have you protected from witches. So you won't have to worry about them.

RM will give you a beat down if we start dissing Starbuck's. Of course, I drink Seattle's Best so I have to stay away from her anyway.

The liar, of course, is Maddy Albright, who did in fact say these things in the context of politics.

RM will give you a beat down if we start dissing Starbuck's. Of course, I drink Seattle's Best so I have to stay away from her anyway.

The liar, of course, is Maddy Albright, who did in fact say these things in the context of politics.

You may be right, but the one who is now using it for political gain is Palin.

Starbucks should ditch philosophy and stick to brewing coffee .

Starbucks doesn't philsophize, they have all kinds of quotes, from all kinds of people. The goal is to start conversation. Worked here, I see.

RM will give you a beat down if we start dissing Starbuck's. Of course, I drink Seattle's Best so I have to stay away from her anyway....

I'll be happy to continue talking to you. :D

Seattle's Best Coffee has been a subsidiary of Starbucks since 2003. :p

Starbucks doesn't philsophize, they have all kinds of quotes, from all kinds of people. The goal is to start conversation. Worked here, I see.

I'll be happy to continue talking to you. :D

Seattle's Best Coffee has been a subsidiary of Starbucks since 2003. :p

Does this now mean that we can accuse Hearsay of guilty by association? :sssh:

Does this now mean that we can accuse Hearsay of guilty by association? :sssh:

Guilt by lack of knowledge. :lol: Although, considering that Hearsay seems to be on top of everything, I'm surprised he didn't know this.