Dodgers vs. Phillies NLCS

Who will win the NL Penant?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NL Penant?

I picked the Dodgers. Joe Torre is a winner, plain and simple. Torre knows how to handle players, his players respect him and it shows by their play.

With me picking the Dodgers to win and considering my picks so far in this thing I have probably just assured Philly of a win.

Don't really care for either team. Never been much of a Dodger or Phillie fan. I will watch but will not be rooting for either team.

My sentiments exactly. I'll watch because I love baseball, but I don't really care one way or the other. In some ways, that is easier. Last week I was so torn up and my stomach hurt. Not saying I'm glad my team is out, just that it is easier on the heart.:lol:

Steve Carlton will win two games, and I expect Mike Schmidt to hit 3-4 HRs. Shakin' Bake McBride figures to play an excellent OF, recording a few big assists and coming up with some surprising clutch hits.

But the Dodgers' depth of pitching, with Burt Hooton, Tommy John, Don Sutton and rookie sensation Bob Welch will be the difference. Steve Garvey and Reggie Smith will swing big sticks.

I think if the Phillies don't pitch to Manny then they've got too much offensive firepower for the Dodgers. If they realize that the rest of the Dodgers probably can't beat them and stay away from Manny I think they take the series in 6. After watching his performance I don't know why anyone would ever pitch to Manny right now.