Will Harlan City win another game this year

cowboy7

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have Hazard in week 9.

We played Pineville in the Grid.

We'll be there in Harlan friday, so don't schedule a bus and driver just yet. I was kidding around.

If history holds true, it should be a good game. It seems as the Dragons and Jackets always get after one another. Hard hitting and never giving up. My kinda game. Can't wait. Ok, I guess they can tell the bus driver he can again take the night off.

Jackets? Jackets? Lynn Camp "Jackets"???? Doesn't even sound good put together.

Lynn Camp Wildcats.

Are you getting ahead of yourself, Ghostrider?

Yea, I thought about that after I left my post. I know you are the Wildcats. Blame it on Monday. And "no" it does not sound good when you put it together. My apologies to all the young men who are Wildcats.

The funny thing is that the ones that seem to take the most joy out of a situation like this have never played a down, so they in no way are able to understand what the life lessons are. If they did they might want to remember empathy for a fellow man, for when you choose not to,things have a way of turning around and you may find yourself or someone you care deeply for in the same type of situation.:irked:

The funny thing is that the ones that seem to take the most joy out of a situation like this have never played a down, so they in no way are able to understand what the life lessons are. If they did they might want to remember empathy for a fellow man, for when you choose not to,things have a way of turning around and you may find yourself or someone you care deeply for in the same type of situation.:irked:

Very good words. Because anyone who has ever strapped the gear on knows that some where out there amidst the summer heat, the fall rain and the cold nights that most young men find themselves and what they are made of while playing football and it doesn't matter what team they play for. So why someone would even judge these young men as winners or losers can only be someone who has never been under the Friday Night Lights or been there for Saturday Gamedays. These young men are winners already, simply because they choose to play.

Well I understand how everyone feels about losses and I did play ball in high school and lost a total of 8 ballgames in 4 years. In my opinion winning is a habit just as much as losing and winning also builds characters. It seems to me that the teams that take more losses use the losses as a excuse but in my high school losses were never exceptable by no means. It don't sound good when people make excuses for losses we were always told you lose its not because of anything more than someone being better than you. There is no greater life lesson than saying we won the game because I worked harder than they did thats whats makes someone succesful.

Well I understand how everyone feels about losses and I did play ball in high school and lost a total of 8 ballgames in 4 years. In my opinion winning is a habit just as much as losing and winning also builds characters. It seems to me that the teams that take more losses use the losses as a excuse but in my high school losses were never exceptable by no means. It don't sound good when people make excuses for losses we were always told you lose its not because of anything more than someone being better than you. There is no greater life lesson than saying we won the game because I worked harder than they did thats whats makes someone succesful.

Was football the game you played?

I enjoyed 4 years playing on a winning football team in high school and was in the playoffs each year and lost. I offer no excuses for losing. Never have, never will. I know what it is like to win & lose. Obviously, we are there to win. Why else show up? My point is that if these young men are giving 100%, and I know most of them are, they have a lot to be proud of regardless of the outcome. :thumb:

Unfortunately there is a lot of that on here. It seems a lot of it is against Harlan. It does not make sense. That is where we come in Bayshore. Anyone who has played or looks into the eyes of their son following the game on Friday night knowing that they gave all they had are as proud as they can be. Losses build character and make the wins much sweeter. I for one, could not be prouder of my son. It is hard to put into words. All of you guys that act like you have won every game will never understand what I'm talking about. The end of the movie "Friday Night Lights" may give you some idea!

:thumb: You are a class act my friend. I feel the same way about my son. I can remember crying after a game when I was 10 years old and my dad asked me if I played as hard as I could for the entire game. I said yes and he said "then son, you have nothing to be sad about, you should be proud of yourself". Thanks dad, I love you!

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Very good words. Because anyone who has ever strapped the gear on knows that some where out there amidst the summer heat, the fall rain and the cold nights that most young men find themselves and what they are made of while playing football and it doesn't matter what team they play for. So why someone would even judge these young men as winners or losers can only be someone who has never been under the Friday Night Lights or been there for Saturday Gamedays. These young men are winners already, simply because they choose to play.

:thumb: Couldn't said it better myself!

I don't think most people on here will disagree with your statement but that is not what we are talking about. There is nothing wrong with winning or being from a winning program and being proud of that fact. All people are saying is don't brow-beat a program because they are not as successfull as yours. Those kids deserve your respect as much as your own programs kids do. I know of kids who quit playing football just because of the negativity that surrounded the high school program. Bashing a program hurts the kids and there is no way you can look at it and make it an ok thing to do. So everyone needs to think about the kids you hurt when you bash a program!:ylsuper: