Mayfield 21 Paducah Tilghman 12

Cards played much better tonight than they have the past few weeks. We played more consistently and with more focus tongiht. Another thing is that the younger kids grew up alot in the first half. Luke Guhy the QB was 12/15 197yds and 3td's in the first half alone. He started to step up in the pocket and moved his feet instead of just tucking and running. He also did a great job of looking to his secondary receivers instead of just his primary target. This kid will be a great QB by the time he gets out of here. Good win for the Cards...now they have to set their sights on Fulton County next week for a district win.

Tilghman is better than their record shows, they have some of the same junk going on that has plagued this Mayfield team. We (Mayfield) were just fortunate enough to come out with the win. The new offense is working, not sure why we went away from it in the Crittenden game, but it was there for at least the first half of this game. Our defense laid off in the third quarter but came up with the big stops when we needed em, the big 2 point conversion stop was HUGE for us. The game lived up to its expectation and hype. I believe that this Tilghman team will turn the season around just like they did last year.

Tilghman is better than their record shows, they have some of the same junk going on that has plagued this Mayfield team. We (Mayfield) were just fortunate enough to come out with the win. The new offense is working, not sure why we went away from it in the Crittenden game, but it was there for at least the first half of this game. Our defense laid off in the third quarter but came up with the big stops when we needed em, the big 2 point conversion stop was HUGE for us. The game lived up to its expectation and hype. I believe that this Tilghman team will turn the season around just like they did last year.

I believe Tilghman is better then their game performance, don't know why the coach can't get them to realize their potential. I however, do not believe they are going to get it going this season - the calendar is starting to run out of days for them. Glad to hear Mayfield is maybe back on track. We really need a good representative from the west in the 1A playoffs. Maybe Mayfield - Maybe Crittenden County??

I believe Tilghman is better then their game performance, don't know why the coach can't get them to realize their potential. I however, do not believe they are going to get it going this season - the calendar is starting to run out of days for them. Glad to hear Mayfield is maybe back on track. We really need a good representative from the west in the 1A playoffs. Maybe Mayfield - Maybe Crittenden County??

This could definitely throw some interest back into class 1A in the West.

You mean people already gave it to Crittenden?? I highly doubt that..

Well, after Mayfield's performance against em, you got to admit, it wasn't looking good. This is going to really hype up the rematch against these two teams, provided they win against Ballard. I am not sure what would happen if Crittenden loses against Ballard, would that be some kind of 3 way tie?

If Ballard wins, it would be a 3-way tie given everyone wins out over the Fulton schools.

Crittenden has three points -- Lake County (2) and Webster County (1)

Mayfield has one point -- Tilghman (1)

Ballard Memorial has no points since their wins are over district opponents.

Obviously, Mayfield fans are now huge fans of Ballard Memorial and Tilghman.

If Ballard wins, it would be a 3-way tie given everyone wins out over the Fulton schools.

Crittenden has three points -- Lake County (2) and Webster County (1)

Mayfield has one point -- Tilghman (1)

Ballard Memorial has no points since their wins are over district opponents.

Obviously, Mayfield fans are now huge fans of Ballard Memorial and Tilghman.

I don't understand the point system you are talking about, how does that work? Why 2 pts for Lake County and 1 for Webster County?

I do believe that Tilghman can win out over the rest of their season, granted they don't get down on themselves after the loss to Mayfield. As for the Ballard/Crittenden game, I would think that Crittenden has the edge on em but from what highlights I saw, Ballard could have pulled the win out on Murray if they hadn't made some costly turnovers.

The point system in a 3-way tie where each team is 1-1 against the other breaks down like this.

You get one point for every win of a non-district team you have beaten.

Webster has one win. Lake County has two wins.

Tilghman has one win.

Ballard hasn't beaten a non-district team and has no votes.

If anyone has more than four victories over a non-district opponent, you can claim the four teams with the highest point total.

The point system in a 3-way tie where each team is 1-1 against the other breaks down like this.

You get one point for every win of a non-district team you have beaten.

Webster has one win. Lake County has two wins.

Tilghman has one win.

Ballard hasn't beaten a non-district team and has no votes.

If anyone has more than four victories over a non-district opponent, you can claim the four teams with the highest point total.

Ok, that makes perfect sense. When you say votes for Ballard, does that mean votes in the AP?