Ludlow 2008/09

They have the benefit of having the same coaches (which a lot of N.Ky. teams do not) so the comfort level is there and the coaches seem to be doing something right.

I know they lost a few to graduation but not all their starters. Saw them play at their summer team camp this year which was held at Dixie. Little early so can't tell you a lot.

Has their schedule been posted on line yet?

So why are people holding off here? Last year Ludlow was one of the most discussed/debated team in NKY. I keep checking, but no one is jumping in....come on now!

They should be about the same as last year right?

No...Another year of experience for most of these girls, and now their senior seasons. So this should be thier best years yet for a lot of these girls. They lost a couple of key seniors from last year. However they have some young talented girls who got experience last year to fill in. I look for this year to be Ludlow's best year ever.

4 Seniors this year should give Stamm his best team yet. Hardin 6'2" Ottaway 5'11" and Daughtery 5'10" (Div III Player of the Year) and Brook Jones a consistent player at the guard position gives Ludlow a legitimate chance to make a run in the Class A tourney and even scare a few of the big boys. Guard play and play off the bench will be crucial. Freshmen guard Hanna King played well this summer and will probably start and handle the ball quite a bit. 3 juniors off the bench Megan Vohl, Courtney Turner and Bekak Cooper all showed promise this summer at various times and if Stamm gets quality minutes from those 3 he should have quite possibly his best team ever.

Daughtery needs to continue to be the force she has been and add a 10 to 12 foot jump shot, Hardin has a lot of ability but needs to be more consistent and aggressive on a nightly basis, Ottaway needs to stay out of foul trouble and add some additional inside scoring and Jones has to want the ball in her hands when the game is on the line and be a vocal leader.

Are the Panthers good enough to beat Dixie this upcoming year? Absolutely but the Seniors on this team need to believe they are. They need to realize they have alot of talent this year and this is their last opportunity for them to do something that maybe other Ludlow teams haven't been able to do to this point. Good luck Panthers and Coach Stamm..one of the areas finest young coaches along with a very good staff to compliment him.

4 Seniors this year should give Stamm his best team yet. Hardin 6'2" Ottaway 5'11" and Daughtery 5'10" (Div III Player of the Year) and Brook Jones a consistent player at the guard position gives Ludlow a legitimate chance to make a run in the Class A tourney and even scare a few of the big boys. Guard play and play off the bench will be crucial. Freshmen guard Hanna King played well this summer and will probably start and handle the ball quite a bit. 3 juniors off the bench Megan Vohl, Courtney Turner and Bekak Cooper all showed promise this summer at various times and if Stamm gets quality minutes from those 3 he should have quite possibly his best team ever.

Daughtery needs to continue to be the force she has been and add a 10 to 12 foot jump shot, Hardin has a lot of ability but needs to be more consistent and aggressive on a nightly basis, Ottaway needs to stay out of foul trouble and add some additional inside scoring and Jones has to want the ball in her hands when the game is on the line and be a vocal leader.

Are the Panthers good enough to beat Dixie this upcoming year? Absolutely but the Seniors on this team need to believe they are. They need to realize they have alot of talent this year and this is their last opportunity for them to do something that maybe other Ludlow teams haven't been able to do to this point. Good luck Panthers and Coach Stamm..one of the areas finest young coaches along with a very good staff to compliment him.

Great preview of this season's Lady Panthers!! I agree with pretty much everything you said. :thumb:

I know in the past I have ruffled some feathers with my posts, and for once I don't mean any disrespect/sarcasm. At what point does Coach Stamm go from being a "good young coach" to just being known as a good or great coach? I know he isn't "old", but why does the young part always have to be attached to his name? It seems to be a general fact/general opinion he is one of the best coaches in NKY. Just curious. Thanks in advance!

Are they good enough to get by Dixie and win a district title,which they have not been able to do in recent seasons?

Don't forget that the ST. Henry Lady Cru are now in the same District with Ludlow, Dixie and Villa. Should be a closely contested District this year with all 4 teams having a chance of winning. I wouldn't disagree that Ludlow should be considered the "favorite" to win, but I think the other 3 teams are very capable of stepping up and beating them.

I know in the past I have ruffled some feathers with my posts, and for once I don't mean any disrespect/sarcasm. At what point does Coach Stamm go from being a "good young coach" to just being known as a good or great coach? I know he isn't "old", but why does the young part always have to be attached to his name? It seems to be a general fact/general opinion he is one of the best coaches in NKY. Just curious. Thanks in advance!

:laugh:Good point.. I have no idea how old Coach Stamm might be but Young or old he is an excellent coach..

I've gotten to know "The Coach" a bit with his help on our football broadcasts. But I have seen him with these girls for a few years, since my daughter played against the Panthers. He will get the best out of his team. I have no doubt.

Look for the Lady Panthers to contend for the All "A" Classic 9th region championshi[p. They have a decent draw and should go very deep in the tournament.

Best of luck to Coach Stamm and the Lady Panthers!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I've gotten to know "The Coach" a bit with his help on our football broadcasts. But I have seen him with these girls for a few years, since my daughter played against the Panthers. He will get the best out of his team. I have no doubt.

Look for the Lady Panthers to contend for the All "A" Classic 9th region championshi[p. They have a decent draw and should go very deep in the tournament.

Best of luck to Coach Stamm and the Lady Panthers!!!!

:thumb:Outstanding coach. Great motivator and has excellent people skills to go along with his deep knowledge of the game. Like it or not in order to be a good coach you have to be a good communicator not only with your players but also with their parents, boosters and the community in which they have the privilege to work.

Some coaches seem to get it and then there are others that don't..Coach Stamm gets it..:ylsuper: