Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Flannery ruled Eligible

Featured Replies

I realize this is more of an emotional argument than a rational dispute, but IMO there's a huge difference between the freedom of families relocating for personal reasons and school's actively recruiting.

 

I support the KHSAA enforcing all of their Bylaws that apply to legitimate recruiting. That's their job, and it's a big one.

 

I do believe that certain sections of Bylaw 6 need to be rewritten to permit greater freedom and clarity for families who decide to relocate for whatever reasons they deem most beneficial to their family. This would also make the commissioner's duties more clear cut and objective, rather than interpretive and subjective. It's a win-win all around.

 

Our schools exist to serve the educational and developmental needs of our children, not the other way around.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAU programs are the recruiting tools used. To not believe that is naive and quite foolish.

Flannery won't make as big of an impact as some of you think. Playing in the tought 11th region, you'll see him struggle some. I wish the kid the best of luck because he's a great young man but again some are overrating how productive he'll be.

 

I don't think he even started for Boone last year?

Flannery won't make as big of an impact as some of you think. Playing in the tought 11th region, you'll see him struggle some. I wish the kid the best of luck because he's a great young man but again some are overrating how productive he'll be.

 

I don't think he even started for Boone last year?

 

I have to agree. He is a good shooter. But he lacks the speed and quickness on defense to truely be an impact player for Scott. He will be a role player. Even with Boone, when teams forced Boone to run, he hurt his team from a defensive perspective. But, when he's on, he can hit the outside shot.

Flannery won't make as big of an impact as some of you think. Playing in the tought 11th region, you'll see him struggle some. I wish the kid the best of luck because he's a great young man but again some are overrating how productive he'll be.

I don't think he even started for Boone last year?

 

I have to agree. He is a good shooter. But he lacks the speed and quickness on defense to truely be an impact player for Scott. He will be a role player. Even with Boone, when teams forced Boone to run, he hurt his team from a defensive perspective. But, when he's on, he can hit the outside shot

 

:thumb: Also, he struggles to create his own shot.

Flannery won't make as big of an impact as some of you think. Playing in the tought 11th region, you'll see him struggle some. I wish the kid the best of luck because he's a great young man but again some are overrating how productive he'll be.

 

I don't think he even started for Boone last year?

 

I agree. Scott Co. is stacked. He will be a role player and be used as an outside threat. I don't think he will be a huge factor but will be a contributor in certain game situations.

I'll say this about Flannery; He is a hard working kid that can work on improving his game. But let me put it this way,,,,he has one skill down very well already,,,,he can put the biscuit in the basket,,,,,,from a long way from the basket. I'll be willing to guess that he has put in some extra work this off season and I'll also venture a guess that he's much better and his "weaknesses" aren't nearly what some may think and he will have a definite impact on that team and in that region. I suppose time will tell. And some of us have obviously forgotten how much maturation occurs from 16 to 18,,,heck some of us didn't mature until we were out of high school. For that matter, I'm not sure how many of us are all that mature at all.:D

I'm definitely one of those who's not mature yet... :lol:

 

Flannery's been working his butt off. He's trimmed down, muscled up and will be a contributor for the Cardinals this season. He's definitely stronger and quicker than the kid who played at Boone County last season. :thumb:

I'm definitely one of those who's not mature yet... :lol:

 

Flannery's been working his butt off. He's trimmed down, muscled up and will be a contributor for the Cardinals this season. He's definitely stronger and quicker than the kid who played at Boone County last season. :thumb:

Right back atcha homie!:ylsuper::laugh::cool::p:sssh::lol::eek:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

^see:D

I realize this is more of an emotional argument than a rational dispute, but IMO there's a huge difference between the freedom of families relocating for personal reasons and school's actively recruiting.

 

I support the KHSAA enforcing all of their Bylaws that apply to legitimate recruiting. That's their job, and it's a big one.

 

I do believe that certain sections of Bylaw 6 need to be rewritten to permit greater freedom and clarity for families who decide to relocate for whatever reasons they deem most beneficial to their family. This would also make the commissioner's duties more clear cut and objective, rather than interpretive and subjective. It's a win-win all around.

 

Our schools exist to serve the educational and developmental needs of our children, not the other way around.

 

I don't think that a school always contacts a player. I think that a lot of times the parents contact the school. I guess if I have two kids and one is talented in one area and another is talented in another area, I as the parent should consider sending them to different school systems.

I don't think that a school always contacts a player. I think that a lot of times the parents contact the school. I guess if I have two kids and one is talented in one area and another is talented in another area, I as the parent should consider sending them to different school systems.

Would you not do that when they went to college?:confused:

Would you not do that when they went to college?:confused:

 

I guess I would consider college a little different. They are adults and making decisions for life. Course of study becomes a factor as do price tags. In grade school and high school the parents are in control totally and I think that their visions are often clouded.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.