Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Offense line

Featured Replies

How good is the Bluebirds Line? At times they seem good, at other times they don't seem to get to their trap blocks and they don't seem to pass block well. Granted they playing well now, But they will have to improve to beat the bigger teams at the end of the season and to win #18. Good Luck and keep working harder!

How good is the Bluebirds Line? At times they seem good' date=' at other times they don't seem to get to their trap blocks and they don't seem to pass block well. Granted they playing well now, But they will have to improve to beat the bigger teams at the end of the season and to win #18. Good Luck and keep working harder![/quote']

 

They are improving every day. Just curious, who are the "bigger" teams they will be facing at the end of the season?

I will fully admit I was one of those people, after the Ryle game, that was very skeptical of the line play. However, they way they showed up to play the last several weeks...my mind is at ease. Talk about stepping up your game, those young men deserve major credit for how they have come together as a unit. I just dont see it being an issue for the Birds the rest of this year, no matter who they face.

Adam Dempsey had his "growing pains" early last year and got better every game. Now he is the preeminent lineman in NKY, if not the state. All the other first time starters have had their "pains" and are progressing very well and get better with each game. You don't post scores like the Birds have in the past few games without a dominating O-line. Especially without your top RB's.

I'd say they are performing adequately at this point. I thought they gave Guidugli a lot of time the other night. Fennell and Head seemed to run all over the Colonels. I would say that they are not where they want to be as far as Playoff ready but growing every week. Nice Job O-Line !!!

I'd say they are performing adequately at this point. I thought they gave Guidugli a lot of time the other night. Fennell and Head seemed to run all over the Colonels. I would say that they are not where they want to be as far as Playoff ready but growing every week. Nice Job O-Line !!!

:thumb:

I know Dale may think they are adequate at this point but my hats off to the offensive line, they get better every game. Good job Dempsey, Schlosser, Combs, Bargett, Martin, Roller, Newman and Welz!!!

Adam Dempsey had his "growing pains" early last year and got better every game. Now he is the preeminent lineman in NKY, if not the state. All the other first time starters have had their "pains" and are progressing very well and get better with each game. You don't post scores like the Birds have in the past few games without a dominating O-line. Especially without your top RB's.

 

I agree. Adam may be the best OL in the State. Does anyone know if he has any big time offers from the likes of Ohio State, Purdue and Tennessee. I know some of Highlands best OL went to those schools. HHS has a way of producing some large school products. Perhaps Adam is next :thumb:

I don't think "adequate" is in their vocabulary!

 

Nor an adjective I would use to describe this bunch.

  • Author
They are improving every day. Just curious, who are the "bigger" teams they will be facing at the end of the season?

 

The last three games of the season are as follows: Louisville Central (2007 Class AAA State Champs), Lexington Catholic (2007 Class AAAA State Champs), and Madison Central. I would say the Off of Line better be ready by then.

They are improving every day. Just curious, who are the "bigger" teams they will be facing at the end of the season?

 

Central comes to mind.

The last three games of the season are as follows: Louisville Central (2007 Class AAA State Champs)' date=' Lexington Catholic (2007 Class AAAA State Champs), and Madison Central. I would say the Off of Line better be ready by then.[/quote']

 

I disagree. I believe they are now ready. I am a firm believer that if a new OL is going to come together from a standpoint of gelling, then it had better happen by the 3rd game of the season, no more and I think it has for the Birds. It was very obvious Friday nite that the Birds OL is very comfortable and I also believe Tong G senses this and has also settled his game down. Its tough, trying to practice real game situations during the week, such as tendancies, cadences and most of all adrendaline. The Birds are on cruise control now and I think if they continue to improve each week they will be better than fine.

Adam Dempsey had his "growing pains" early last year and got better every game. Now he is the preeminent lineman in NKY, if not the state. All the other first time starters have had their "pains" and are progressing very well and get better with each game. You don't post scores like the Birds have in the past few games without a dominating O-line. Especially without your top RB's.

 

:thumb:

I think this group is coming along just fine. They certainly work very hard and dedicate over half their practices to 0-line session techniques. Keep in mind, one of them has only been playing football for two years. And if I'm correct, he didn't see the field much as a freshman. Keep up the hard work guys!:thumb:

The returning lineman that has 2 years experience started every game at left tackle as a freshman and actually played in a JV game before playing in a freshman game! But he fondly looks back at that undefeated season and admits he was fat and slow. Then he bought into the "Dale Mueller Body Sculpting" program, worked his tail off and has become quite the O-D lineman!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.