Ashland 48 Montgomery Co 27

Painter

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_271011033.html

Quote from the article:

“They had two backs that ran really hard, and their offensive line just kept coming,” Montgomery County coach Dan Gooch said. “Their defensive line kept coming. We couldn’t block their defensive line.”

I see Ashland must have played like they did last week against Russell again. The coach put it best. They just keep coming. Carter, Alber, and DeMartino are sort of like a poor man's Thomas, Johnson, and Hutt from the 1990 Tomcats.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I watched them play last week and I really thought Ashland was one of the more passionate and enthusiastic high school teams I have seen. They make a few mistakes here and there, but it really seems all 11 guys on the field are giving it 100%. ...

... They just keep coming. ... sort of like a poor man's ... Tomcats.

Well said Ryanparker, that's what we have - just a blue collar team that plays with passion. We don’t have any big stars, just everybody pulling together - blocking hard, hitting hard and running hard. It's fun to watch.

Welcome to the site.

Hey, Graybeard and painter, Congrats on the win. I called this one to. Remember I have a seven points either way.

At first, I just thought you were lucky....now I’m beginning to think you may actually know what you’re writing about. Thanks for yet another accurate prediction…be sure and stop by the Ashland Boyd thread later…I may want to place a wager.

...I see Ashland must have played like they did last week against Russell again. The coach put it best. They just keep coming. Carter, Alber, and DeMartino are sort of like a poor man's Thomas, Johnson, and Hutt from the 1990 Tomcats.

This is a somewhat comedic yet insightful observation and one I would have probably not ever thought about. I think you really hit on something ryanparker…and welcome to BGP.

Thank you.

They played him both ways and he got tired. But, he was strong.

Number 54 for MC was the stud. He was the player that gave the Tomcats fits in the first half. The big boy just took up space and had very heavy feet from the get-go>

At first, I just thought you were lucky....now I’m beginning to think you may actually know what you’re writing about. Thanks for yet another accurate prediction…be sure and stop by the Ashland Boyd thread later…I may want to place a wager.

I will I need to get my head clear for a moment first. It was a wild night of Football last night. :D

Hey, Graybeard and painter, Congrats on the win. I called this one to. Remember I have a seven points either way.

HCT......first you said 21 and then it was 14 and now you said it was 7 either way. Are you a politician? hahaha You had it right on your first guess:thumb:. You know I know you that's why I kid you.......:lol:

Number 54 for MC was the stud. He was the player that gave the Tomcats fits in the first half. The big boy just took up space and had very heavy feet from the get-go>

#54 seperated his shoulder during the first quarter. He played all night with one arm. Also #62(i believe) for MC, a 2 way starter got hurt in the first quarter and didn't play the rest of the game. I think if both these players would have stayed at 100% this would have been a much better game.

I will I need to get my head clear for a moment first. It was a wild night of Football last night. :D

Wild night is an understatement! What a weekend! Congrats to the Tomcats on your win, I heard a lot of good things about the class you guys showed as fans. Tough loss for Montgomery, gonna be tough to get into the playoffs at 0-2 in District and Bryan Station, Johnson Central remaining.