Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ironton, OH 18 Ashland 6

Featured Replies

I'm a Russell fan but I went to the game to see what Ashland is made of this year. Ashland is a good football team and it is going to be a good game next week. Good luck from week 5 on remember I'm a Russell fan. Russell has power and lots of it (powerlifting state champs 08') but it will be anybodies

game.

 

 

 

:fire::fire::fire::fire:

I was pulling for the Tomcats to get this one tonight. Ashland has a good football team.

Good luck to the Tomcats the rest of the way out.....I hope that you win em'all.:thumb:

I'm a Russell fan but I went to the game to see what Ashland is made of this year. Ashland is a good football team and it is going to be a good game next week. Good luck from week 5 on remember I'm a Russell fan. Russell has power and lots of it (powerlifting state champs 08') but it will be anybodies

game.

How did Ashland's lines look?

I'm confused! :confused: If the quarterback isn't able to deliver, why not try someone else at that position? If a play you've run over and over isn't working why not try something different? If the pass coverage and receivers aren't doing their jobs, why not try someone else? If someone is quite possibly leading the team in defensive tackles why are they not in there for every defensive play? IMO this loss goes to the coaches! The kids played hard but they're not making the decisions. This was a winnable game for Ashland! We have more than one that can play qb, more than 2 or 3 that can run the ball and more than 2-3 that can catch the ball. Let's use our imaginations coaches and try something different!

I'm a Russell fan but I went to the game to see what Ashland is made of this year. Ashland is a good football team and it is going to be a good game next week. Good luck from week 5 on remember I'm a Russell fan. Russell has power and lots of it (powerlifting state champs 08') but it will be anybodies

game.

I've been trying to tell people, Ashland is good. I know they are 1-2, but they are a good team, and capable of beating a lot of teams.

I'm a Russell fan but I went to the game to see what Ashland is made of this year. Ashland is a good football team and it is going to be a good game next week. Good luck from week 5 on remember I'm a Russell fan. Russell has power and lots of it (powerlifting state champs 08') but it will be anybodies

game.

 

 

 

:fire::fire::fire::fire:

 

Now what kind of fan did you say you were? Anyway Ashland is a good team. If you can play in Ironton and come out in a close game you are doing something. Keep your heads up and I think you all will win by 14 next week.:thumb:

Ashland has faced two formidable opponents in this early season. Even though they have come up short on the scoreboard, they have played everyone tight and have been in the ballgame through every quarter.

 

Tomcats - Keep getting stronger and learn from your experiences. Come back hard in practice this week and get ready for another tune-up game before district play.

Tough road loss for the Tomcats! But, Ironton is a good team. Not many could beat them at the Tank.

 

 

Nobody is hurt. Get ready for next week - take it out on Russell.

It sounds like 6 turnovers may have added to the tight score. However, I like the fact that Ashland is playing "tougher" this year. It would be easy after 2-8 last year to say, "here we go again", but you're not! Keep up the good work. Win by 14 this week!:thumb:

 

It sounds like 6 turnovers may have added to the tight score.

 

 

 

 

Its possible that the Ashland D had something to do with that. One of the QB fumbles was after a hard hit.

Its possible that the Ashland D had something to do with that. One of the QB fumbles was after a hard hit.

 

I guarantee you Ashland "D" had caused them fumbles. Ashland has a very good defense. They just have to find a way to get the offense to click.

Had a chance to see this game and was curious as to why at the end of the half Ashland used a TO after second down when it appeared that Ironton was willing to let the remaining 30-35 seconds to expire. When the sweep on third down didn't work. Ironton used a TO made Ashland punt and almost broke the return and almost scored on a long pass attempt just before halftime. I know almost isn't a score, but if you were there you know how close it was. Another question I have for the TO coach is how many did Ashland save for the Russell game? They had two possessions with under 8 minutes remaining and didn't call a timeout. Maybe someone could help.

Its possible that the Ashland D had something to do with that. One of the QB fumbles was after a hard hit.

 

No disrepect was meant by this comment. Just an intriguing question. I obviously wasn't there and had heard that the QB/Center exchange cost them deep in Ashland territory once and that the exchange was bad a few other times in Ashland's favor. I didn't intend to down play Ashland's effort (see the rest of my other comment you quoted from). Now, get out there and get your record to 2-2 this week!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb:

 

... I heard that the QB/Center exchange cost them deep in Ashland territory once and that the exchange was bad a few other times in Ashland's favor...

 

 

 

I don’t think fumbles between QB/Center have been a problem for Ironton in their first 3 games – not by the reaction of Ironton fans that sat around us. Just bad luck I guess…

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.