Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County Sanctions

Featured Replies

Honestly, Lawrence Co. should be thankful that all of those people, including KHSAA officials were present. If not, your talking about the umpire's story against the Lawrence Co. coaches...and we all know umpires are never wrong...

When was the last good solid decision made by the KHSAA or more commonly referred to as the Queen and her court of jesters?

I don't think that the classes are part of the punishment. All coaches regardless have to take and pass a sportsmanship class before they are allowed to coach. Amazingly very few have done this. If I remember correctly they implemented this rule back in the late 90's.

 

Did the ump toss the coach during the game?

Did the ump toss the coach during the game?

 

Not sure, probably just restricted him to the dugout the way the Homeplate Umpire did the Lex Catholic coach when he showed himself against HarrisonCounty.

All coaches of any sport sanctioned by the KHSAA have to complete the coaches education class, problem is that the KHSAA doesn't go around checking to see who has and who has not taken the class. School administrators are supposed to govern their schools. Obviously the AD at Lawrence did not do do this. That may be part of the reason that the entire athletic program was put on probabtion.

Anyone care to share their feelings regarding KHSAA rulings regarding the baseball state championship altercation?

 

I think the ruling is a joke! Completely too severe. 1 or 2 games maybe but all the other stuff? When you take into consideration the actions of the PRP player and the umpire doing NOTHING about it, this punishment again is too severe and very one-sided. If KHSAA wants to enforce sportmanship, players should have to adhere to the ruling as well. Anyone can watch the game film and see that it wasn't a blantant push-IMO it was a bump that occured in the heat of the moment and I believe not intentional after watching the replay.

Crying over what the coach got is riducolus he deserves every bit that he got and more he made a move toward an umpire that was completly uncalled for. The opposing player did not make his move or slam the ball to taunt he made a very nice play and was excited. The biggest reason the coach came down and confronted the umpire IMO is he was upset that he had sent the runner and the runner was out by so much, because their was NO reason for him to argue the kid was out at the plate so why was he making the move to talk to the umpire? And yes I was there not as bad as the coach and the fans let on.

Crying over what the coach got is riducolus he deserves every bit that he got and more he made a move toward an umpire that was completly uncalled for. The opposing player did not make his move or slam the ball to taunt he made a very nice play and was excited. The biggest reason the coach came down and confronted the umpire IMO is he was upset that he had sent the runner and the runner was out by so much, because their was NO reason for him to argue the kid was out at the plate so why was he making the move to talk to the umpire? And yes I was there not as bad as the coach and the fans let on.

 

He made the move to protect his player! The catcher throwing the ball could have been dangerous and deffently was unsportsman like.

  • Author
Crying over what the coach got is riducolus he deserves every bit that he got and more he made a move toward an umpire that was completly uncalled for. The opposing player did not make his move or slam the ball to taunt he made a very nice play and was excited. The biggest reason the coach came down and confronted the umpire IMO is he was upset that he had sent the runner and the runner was out by so much, because their was NO reason for him to argue the kid was out at the plate so why was he making the move to talk to the umpire? And yes I was there not as bad as the coach and the fans let on.

 

I do not think that anyone has cried over what punishment the coach received, only that it seemed a little excessive. I am only going on information from other coaches at the game that felt there was just cause to defend his team and the fact that PRP was not warned or penalized for taunting. I am a "has been" that still plays......softball (ha ha ha) and I still feel the adrenaline rush of a good championship game, but taunting will never go unnoticed or without retribution. I know punishment was warranted, but so was the coaches obligation to defend his team. I have no "dawg" in the fight, so to speak:lol:, but I feel the KHSAA was too excessive in handing down the punishments to LCHS.

Everyone may not have been crying but the consensus is that the coach recieved too harsh a penalty. I agree that the coach should defend his team but as I said earlier he was defending himself the catcher made the play and threw the ball down at the ground and no it was not toward the player, he never said anything to the player so where is the taunting that people have mentioned. Also as I said before I was there sitting directly behind home plate two rows from the field and the coach had already started toward the plate before the kid threw the ball down. So what was he defending, himself or his players. The KHSAA had a bad sutuation to take care off, in no circumstance should a coach ever bump an offcial not at any level especially in the KHSAA finals when the fans are tuned in and this a showcase for the kids.

Everyone may not have been crying but the consensus is that the coach recieved too harsh a penalty. I agree that the coach should defend his team but as I said earlier he was defending himself the catcher made the play and threw the ball down at the ground and no it was not toward the player, he never said anything to the player so where is the taunting that people have mentioned. Also as I said before I was there sitting directly behind home plate two rows from the field and the coach had already started toward the plate before the kid threw the ball down. So what was he defending, himself or his players. The KHSAA had a bad sutuation to take care off, in no circumstance should a coach ever bump an offcial not at any level especially in the KHSAA finals when the fans are tuned in and this a showcase for the kids.

 

 

Well since you know that there was no taunting, why did Coach Keeton have to go to the home plate umpire a few innings before hand and discuss the taunting of his players by the very same player who did spike the ball near the head of the base runner. I was there too and got to see the play from about the same angle as you but a little higher and did see the ball near the baserunner's head. So, why read the sportsmanship bull crap if you are not going to enforce it.

He made the move to protect his player! The catcher throwing the ball could have been dangerous and deffently was unsportsman like.

 

I agree and I promise you that most good coaches would have defended their players. Most likely without the bump, but PRP is notorious for poor sportsmanship and have been for some time even though Coach Miller is well respected among his peers. I guarantee Coach Whitaker (Harrison County) and Coach Martin (Lexington Catholic) would have been there in the umpires face. And, if the roles had been reversed, Coach Miller would have been in the umpires face. 1-2 games without any other penalties would have been sufficient. If it happens in a Scott County basketball game would their coach get the same penalty? I doubt it! KHSAA Queen and her court picks and chooses to do as they please with no rhyme or reason. This is obvious to everyone.

  • Author
I agree and I promise you that most good coaches would have defended their players. Most likely without the bump, but PRP is notorious for poor sportsmanship and have been for some time even though Coach Miller is well respected among his peers. 1-2 games without any other penalties would have been sufficient. If it happens in a Scott County basketball game would their coach get the same penalty? I doubt it! KHSAA Queen and her court picks and chooses to do as they please with no rhyme or reason. This is obvious to everyone.

 

Preach it, brother!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.