Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Manual good enough to be ranked 3rd?

Featured Replies

Why is Manual ranked so high in the rankings? They should've lost to Central last week. If it wasn't for a botched snap on a punt with less than a minute on the clock, Manual loses. :confused:

Why is Manual ranked so high in the rankings? They should've lost to Central last week. If it wasn't for a botched snap on a punt with less than a minute on the clock, Manual loses. :confused:

 

Good teams, even when being outplayed for a majority of a game, find a way to win, and that is exactly what Manual did last Friday. As everyone will atest, Central is no slouch, so this was a strong validation for the Crimson program. The question I would ask of you is who do you suggest should be ranked above Manual and why do they deserve to be ranked higher? :cool:

I was asking the same question at the beginning of the season, mostly because I was concerned with the amount of talent lost. However after seeing them play against Central I think they have the potential to get there.

 

We need to remember that Central had like 5 D1 prospects on that team and Manual did beat them with only three returning starters.

 

This Manual team will be very strong defensively, if you think about it nearly all of Central's offense came from big play TD's. Thats not to say those don't count but Central didn't drive the ball on Manual at all. On offense Manual dropped passes like none other and need to fix that, but they ran decently on a very strong Central run D.

 

Another note, as a whole Manual looked more sturdy than they did last year. From top to bottom the players looked a little thicker and more physically mature than last season, maybe I'm just seeing things, but I think could help them later on in the season.

Does it really matter with T and X looking the way they do?:irked:...I mean 6A may as well become the class in which everyone's goal is to make the State Semi's.

Does it really matter with T and X looking the way they do?:irked:...I mean 6A may as well become the class in which everyone's goal is to make the State Semi's.

 

Since the best two teams (X and T) cannot meet in the finals this year due to the playoff schedule, you hereby have my permission to increase your aspirations from the State Semi's to the State Finals. :p

We need to remember that Central had like 5 D1 prospects on that team and Manual did beat them with only three returning starters.

 

Agree with you about Central's talent. They might be a top 5 team in 6A if they were actually in that class. Manual is very deserving of a high ranking in 6A; nobody else has proven to be any better than the Rams.

Yes.

 

I mean, it was a solid Central squad, and it was a Manual win, sooo...

 

Yes.

Does it really matter with T and X looking the way they do?:irked:...I mean 6A may as well become the class in which everyone's goal is to make the State Semi's.

 

Manual has been destined to face (and lose to) either Male or St. X in the second round most recent years. Making it past that would be a milestone for the Crimsons.

I was asking the same question at the beginning of the season, mostly because I was concerned with the amount of talent lost. However after seeing them play against Central I think they have the potential to get there.

 

We need to remember that Central had like 5 D1 prospects on that team and Manual did beat them with only three returning starters.

 

This Manual team will be very strong defensively, if you think about it nearly all of Central's offense came from big play TD's. Thats not to say those don't count but Central didn't drive the ball on Manual at all. On offense Manual dropped passes like none other and need to fix that, but they ran decently on a very strong Central run D.

 

Another note, as a whole Manual looked more sturdy than they did last year. From top to bottom the players looked a little thicker and more physically mature than last season, maybe I'm just seeing things, but I think could help them later on in the season.

Beginning of the season? It was the first game, I went and Central was winning with big plays and loses with bad plays . The point is this is not the 10-2 team that only loses came from us St. X .This team may lose at least 4 games. Three returning starters and more physically mature?

Beginning of the season? It was the first game, I went and Central was winning with big plays and loses with bad plays . The point is this is not the 10-2 team that only loses came from us St. X .This team may lose at least 4 games. Three returning starters and more physically mature?

 

Hmmm... Who would those 4 losses come from?

 

Seneca? Doubtful

Ballard? After their stellar performance against St. X? Doubly doubtful.

Henderson County? Don't know enough about them, so I'll go ahead and give you this one. Just to be nice.

St. X? More than likely.

Shelby County? After St. X, triply doubtful.

PRP? Their record against Manual the past few years doesn't bode well for the Panthers.

Butler? Nah

Bullit East? May make things interesting, but - barring injuries (knock on wood) - I see Manual pulling out the W here.

Male? Again, I'll give you this one, even though last year was a convincing Manual win.

 

Yes, yes, it's a new year and only one game under the belt, but still. With my generosity you get your 4 losses (including to X in the playoffs again). At "LEAST" 4 losses though????

Beginning of the season? It was the first game, I went and Central was winning with big plays and loses with bad plays . The point is this is not the 10-2 team that only loses came from us St. X .This team may lose at least 4 games. Three returning starters and more physically mature?
Should have said preseason but I wasn't preparing for an attack from the literal police.

 

Central is one of the very few teams Manual will face that has a physical advantage over them. This part of the reason that getting Central early is very dangerous, you have to play well to overcome that physical disadvantage. Playing well is especially difficult early in the season. Give this Manual squad more experience and I see them developing to a pretty good team.

 

I don't expect this team to play with St X, due to strengths on weaknesses but they will be a tough out for anyone else. What four losses do you see on the schedule?

 

And yes this team looked more physically mature than they did last season.

Should have said preseason but I wasn't preparing for an attack from the literal police.

 

Central is one of the very few teams Manual will face that has a physical advantage over them. This part of the reason that getting Central early is very dangerous, you have to play well to overcome that physical disadvantage. Playing well is especially difficult early in the season. Give this Manual squad more experience and I see them developing to a pretty good team.

 

I don't expect this team to play with St X, due to strengths on weaknesses but they will be a tough out for anyone else. What four losses do you see on the schedule?

 

And yes this team looked more physically mature than they did last season.

4-Losses Henderson County, St. X, Bullit East, Male. And again, Physically Mature No-Way, X by 30 points at least this year.Wasn't an attack just my point of view. Sorry

4-Losses Henderson County, St. X, Bullit East, Male. And again, Physically Mature No-Way, X by 30 points at least this year.Wasn't an attack just my point of view. Sorry
Agree to disagree on Henderson and BE.

I don't see 4 losses for Manual this year, though I don't consider them a big threat for the title this year...they are 2-3 years from that. And they will get there. Joe was in the box this past week, and has decided that wasn't for him. That bodes well for the Crimsons.

I don't see 4 losses for Manual this year, though I don't consider them a big threat for the title this year...they are 2-3 years from that. And they will get there. Joe was in the box this past week, and has decided that wasn't for him. That bodes well for the Crimsons.
I thought that odd when I saw it. I don't know if any other head coaches have coached from the box, but I found it especially surprising considering his passion and demeanor, he is the type of coach you want on the field.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.