Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK/Duke Hatred Runs Deep

Featured Replies

Terrible:flame: I wish Duke and UK played each other like they used to. I would infact be at that game no matter where it was and what it took to get the tickets:lol:

Terrible:flame: I wish Duke and UK played each other like they used to. I would infact be at that game no matter where it was and what it took to get the tickets:lol:

 

That Jimmy V classic game with Jason Williams and Tayshaun was an absolute thriller, but ultimately a heartbreak as well. One of the best college basketball games I have ever watched.

Like theguru always told me about NCC-Beechwood, it's not a rivalry if it's one sided.

 

There was never a question of UK fans/players not liking Duke, it's just not reciprocated.

Either that or my wife's family (Duke season ticket holders) and their friends I met are just lying to me.

 

Now UK's disgust may be on a different level simply because of one shot; but I assure UK is not irrelevant in the eyes of Duke as many on here like to portray.

That Jimmy V classic game with Jason Williams and Tayshaun was an absolute thriller, but ultimately a heartbreak as well. One of the best college basketball games I have ever watched.

I was at that game. Possibly the greatest game I have ever been to in person. Cliff Hawkins and Rashaad Caruth were balling. Not to mention Jay Williams just hit another three pointer :lol:

Terrible:flame: I wish Duke and UK played each other like they used to. I would infact be at that game no matter where it was and what it took to get the tickets:lol:

 

Most of the times they played was for a "one and done" deal at a Classic or it was in the NCAA tourney.

 

The reality is that because they don't play too often, it's usually fun and special when they do. Just the NCAA games alone are pretty dynamic.

 

1966 Final Four. UK edges #2 Duke

1978 Finals. Goose hits for 41 and wins the title.

1980 Mideast Regional. Duke edgest UK at Rupp by 2 points. Macy misses.

1992 East Regional Final. We all know that game.

1998 South Regional Final. UK fans know that game.

 

Those are some pretty classic tourney games between 2 that don't hook up that often over history. Rivalry? No. Great games. Without a doubt. :thumb:

Either that or my wife's family (Duke season ticket holders) and their friends I met are just lying to me.

 

Now UK's disgust may be on a different level simply because of one shot; but I assure UK is not irrelevant in the eyes of Duke as many on here like to portray.

 

Irrelevant, no. But very, very low on the priority ladder when compared to its actual conference rivals. UK probably raises the eyebrows of Duke fans the same way it does any other fans of traditional college hoops powerhouses. But that's more out of respect for the UK tradition than thinking of them as a heated rival, the way UK fans so badly want to think of Duke.

 

To be honest with you, the fact that the hatred is not reciprocated is probably at huge part of what makes UK fans' unhealthy obsession with Duke so strong.

Irrelevant, no. But very, very low on the priority ladder when compared to its actual conference rivals. UK probably raises the eyebrows of Duke fans the same way it does any other fans of traditional college hoops powerhouses. But that's more out of respect for the UK tradition than thinking of them as a heated rival, the way UK fans so badly want to think of Duke.

 

To be honest with you, the fact that the hatred is not reciprocated is probably at huge part of what makes UK fans' unhealthy obsession with Duke so strong.

 

The way the 18% want it so badly. :D I think it gets blown out of proportion, honestly.

 

Not only do I take that study as an indictment of the brilliant nature of some UK fans (insert sarcastic smilie), but I just as equally view it as a slap in the face to UL.

The way the 18% want it so badly. :D I think it gets blown out of proportion, honestly.

 

Not only do I take that study as an indictment of the brilliant nature of some UK fans (insert sarcastic smilie), but I just as equally view it as a slap in the face to UL.

 

Personally, I think that 18 percent number is very conservative when assessing the percentage of the UK fan base that's utterly, completely bat-poo nuts. :jump:

I was at that game. Possibly the greatest game I have ever been to in person. Cliff Hawkins and Rashaad Caruth were balling. Not to mention Jay Williams just hit another three pointer :lol:

 

Caruth showed so much promise that night to vanish like he did.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.